“A very pleasant evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ceasars Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Playa Flamenca, Spain
“A very pleasant evening.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Caesar's Bistro situated in Broadstone Dorset is just outside of Poole Dorset. I went with a friend for a meal to celebrate a birthday. We were received by the owner who was very attentive & sat us a duce table. The food was hot, tasty & well presented at reasonable cost. The bistro is intimate & ideal for pleasant evening out. I would have no problem in recommending it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Colin H

“Disappointing”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The service was very good, lovely young girl who looked after us. Starter was OK, you can't really go wrong with camembert, however we did have to send it back as it was not warmed through or runny. Two of our party had steaks, which were very chewy and flavourless. Unfortunately they were served on wooden boards, both were split so when the sauce was added they flowed straight through on to the table. One of our party had the trio of wellington £20+ which was tiny, each wellington eaten in two mouthfuls, and lastly I had a starter as a main, liver in sauce, presentation was awful, and again very bland. Not a great atmosphere either. Whether it was because we were part of table pouncer I'm not sure, but it won't inspire us to go back, such a shame.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Aliflump
Poole, United Kingdom
“Excellent Fillet Steak”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to Ceasars since it opened in 1996. My second in 12 months.
Our party of four all opted for the fillet steak which was cooked beautifully and served with a choice of sauces.
The chips are out of this world, I don't know what they are cooked in but are served hot and crispy with what seems like some kind of coating on them.
It seems silly to mention but I couldn't help notice how tasty the grilled tomato was, it really complimented the steak.
My starter of Welsh rarebit was out of this world.
Desert was a little underwhelming, although home made the apple pie lacked a certain crispness in taste and crunch in texture, but this is a personal preference of mine.
For anyone stating the portions are small, I'm not sure where you are used I eating but none of my party left hungry!
On the evening of our meal there was another party of 17 occupying the restaurant but this didn't affect the service if attention given to our table.
The house Red Wine is excellent, very smooth and sourced from an English vineyard.

Very impressed overall and wouldn't hesitate to return for another Steak!

Poole, England, United Kingdom
“Christmas lunch”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Annual trip for Christmas lunch, good amount of meat and veg for a lunch portion. Creme brulee was yum, all finished off with a Christmas latte. Staff friendly and don't rush you between courses.
I guess the four of us will be back again next year!

Visited December 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Small portions and tin veg!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

First visit to this restaurant and we came away disappointed.

The menu was varied but the starters very small. They had run out of one of the menu items and were down to one remaining portion of another.

The duck was tasty but not pink as stated and the ginger and spring onion sauce contained cream, which was not stated on the menu so totally unsuitable for dairy free customers, the vegetable’s consisted of 2 tin carrots; one small broccoli spear and 4dried up French beans. I was a bought a second portion when i queried the quantities.

Hubbys steak (Fillet) was cooked well although the portion of chips would not fill a grown man (More of child size portion)

The staff were polite courteous and friendly and were tipped as this issues are management level not waiting staff issues and so were outside their control. "

• Visited July 2013