“Pleasantly surprised”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poole
Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 11 Speciality Lodging in Poole
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed on July 1st for a 4 day break with my mrs, her brother and our 2 kids. I thought I'd try the new Haven Select service and was very impressed. Caravan was way better than I had imagined, with lots of extras such as IPod dock, TV in every room, dishwasher, BBQ on the veranda and a lovely range of kitchen kit.
Park itself is situated in a lovely position, albeit a little noisy at times with the train line adjacent and the naval helicopters doing their thing!!
Caravan we had (Pine Grove 18) had a terrific view over the bay and was a 2 minute walk down to the little beach.
Entertainment wise there was plenty to do if you so wished and we played Crazy Golf and Football and spent a fair few quid in the amusements which is overpriced in my opinion.
Swimming pool is quite good- lovely and warm for an indoor pool with a neat splash area for kids. The outdoor pool is what you would expect at a caravan park.
Food on site is ok. Nothing special but not overly expensive either which makes a change!! Same goes for Spa shop which was reasonable in price.
Evening entertainment was totally as expected and not my cup of tea but the kids enjoyed it and that's what matters.
Overall, pleased. Went not expecting loads but came away having had a relaxing, pleasant time and I think we will be back later on in the year!!
I would not however pay full price for the Select Caravan which was £1100!!! We paid £550 which I can say was goodish value!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Honestd666
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Rockley Park, using our new Select service.
The Select package is new for this season, designed to offer our guests premium accommodation in the best locations on Park, with the facility to choose which holiday home they book so that they can guarantee the features and location. As you say, many of these accommodations do feature those extra luxury touches such as dishwashers, additional TVs, en-suites (some even with baths) and so forth, and all have the guarantee of a veranda so that guests can soak up the sun!
I was really pleased to see that you found the prices within our shop and restaurant to be so reasonable; we do aim to cater for a wide range of tastes and budgets so we try to make sure that our prices make it easy for a family to make the most of our facilities without breaking the bank.
I see that you are thinking about coming back later this year; as you have already had a break with us this year you would receive a 10% discount on a 2nd holiday with us so if you do decide to return please give us a call at the Park (01202 679393) and we will be able to check the best offers with your additional discount.
Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

....we're owners on the site and tried the fish and chip shop tonight for the first time. It was awful.....possibly the worst food we ever had. Re-heated chips, tasteless fish (clearly been frozen for a long time). There are two other fish and chip shops nearby and if you have a car you should use them.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
14  Thank Kevin Y
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback following your visit to our fish and chip shop; I was very sorry to see that you found the food to be of poor quality. Please be assured that we are investigating this as a matter of urgency and will respond with our findings as soon as possible. If you would prefer us to contact you directly then please feel free to email us at my email address natasha.wearn@bourne-leisure.co.uk; otherwise we will contact you via this Trip Advisor page.

Guest Relations Manager

I am pleased to provide an update on the action taken to improve the quality within Cooks Fish and Chip shop here at Rockley Park. We had logged a decrease in the size and quality of the fish being delivered by our suppliers; this has been rigorously pursued with the supplier and I can confirm that the fish being served is now back to the expected high quality. We have also switched to a new supplier for our chips, and these chips are to a significantly better quality than the chips we were using previously; customer feedback to these has been positive across the board.
Within the Harbourside restaurant, we have also started to offer 2 meat specials as an alternative to fish; these are a chicken and a steak dish, and have received fantastic feedback particularly from some of the owners who dine in Harbourside regularly.
I do hope that you will consider a visit to either Cooks or Harbourside to sample the new and improved items for yourself, and look forward to any further feedback you may have

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We just returned from a long weekend break at Rockley Park and loved every minute ! 8 The Oaks caravan was clean and spacious and was ideally situated. Some reviews said that people did not like the train noise, but we were quite close to the train line and to be honest it was not a problem. You only really noticed the first train and they were very quiet. The food was excellent , with lots of choice . Spotlessly clean and new looking clubhouse area, warm ,clean pools and great arcade area for little ones. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and went out of there way to make it fun for my 3 yr old. There was lots of entertainment for all ages. Ideally located for days out , with great beaches nearby. We will be coming back again this year hopefully and next year with other family members !! I would highly recommend Rockley Park to people of all ages as there is something for everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view if possible
2  Thank moboo

Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us at Rockley Park – it sounds as though you had a fantastic time!
We do tend to find that although people may initially be concerned about the trainline which runs along one side of the Park, they usually have a similar experience to you in as much as they may register the first couple of trains but soon stop noticing, and this does not usually cause any disturbance to their holiday break.
We have been lucky enough to have a new arcade, restaurant, Spa and reception area this year and we are so pleased with the results; these areas have received some great feedback from our guests both regular and new, and I was really pleased to see that you were able to make the most of these facilities.
I do hope that we will see you again this year – don’t forget that if you book another holiday with us this year we will be able to give you an additional 10% discount on the best offers so it’s even more affordable! If you would like any help booking your break or have any special requests then please just give us a call on 01202 679393 and we will be happy to help

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Caravan was good and warm. We stayed near the beach having upgraded. The park on the beach was lovely. Very big park but swimming pool small and lifeguards very rude. The staff were accommodating otherwise. We didn't eat or drink on site and didn't see the entertainment. They looked ok but I'm sure busy at times. Probably wont be back and glad we didn't pay full price.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your holiday with us in March here at Rockley Park.
I’m so sorry to see that you found the lifeguards to be rude; I do hope that you spoke to somebody at the time regarding this so that we could investigate and find out what had caused this disappointment for you? This is certainly not the feedback that we usually have regarding our sports and lifeguard teams so please accept my sincere apologies if you felt you did not receive the high quality of service our guests usually enjoy.
I do hope that you might choose to return to either Rockley Park or one of our other Parks again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at rockley park fri-Monday,and had a brilliant time.
I have never stayed in a caravan before and upon arrival was so pleasantly surprised at how big and lovely our caravan was.we stayed in the birches no 17. Was so peaceful and so relaxing.
Entertainment was great, my 3 year old was happy, laughing & smiling the whole time. Will def be going back again.
Just 1 negative though.
When we arrived we didn't have a ariel for our tv in our caravan, I had to contact reception 4 times before anyone came out to fix this, the lady was polite but should I really have to call 4 times to have a problem sorted. Other than that issue all was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank amy e
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback – lovely to see that your first caravan holiday was even better than expected!
I’m really sorry that the problem with the aerial was not fixed straight away for you; our maintenance team are usually very prompt to attend and rectify any issues reported so I apologise for any unnecessary delays with this – I trust they were able to fix it when they attended.
I hope that you will become regular visitors to the Park; we have some exciting developments planned over the coming seasons which I’m sure our guests will love so I hope that we will be seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just returned from a great short stay, after visiting this little gem of a place I felt I had to write a review as we couldn't believe in our opinion how many negatives reviews there were . We stayed as a large family group children ages ranging from 3 to 18 years. The entertainment early evening for the little ones was great although we felt the adult entertainment to be a bit repetitive, a little more variety was needed but as we were only there for a short stay we could either take it or leave it. The park itself was not as large as others we have stayed at which made it feel more like a country park not too (en masse). The overall up keep of the place very good, always kept clean and tidy, the outdoor pool area had a lovely modern seating area to sit and enjoy your drinks and lunches and the children could come and go between the indoor and outdoor pool which everybody enjoyed. We ate in the fish restraint on site which was reasonably priced and the food was enjoyed by all, they have a handy pizza place on site cooked to order and delivered to you on site, the spar was a good back up if you just want to stay in and chill out and goes down well with the kids so all round happy families after all you are on your Hols. We usually stay in east Devon so as far as the location of the park goes its ideal if you want to go explore some beautiful Jurassic coastline and we especially enjoyed a day on the beautiful Sand Banks beach with good clean amenities and parking.

In our opinion as far as the accommodation is concerned we stayed in a privately owned 3 bed caravan so I cannot comment on their standards, but we know from previous experience at other Haven parks we have upgraded to prestige caravans and expected to pay around £1000 in peak season for them and never had a problem, luckily.

Would we return again? yes without a doubt.

1  Thank julia c

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Rockley Park; we do appreciate your positive feedback, and are really pleased that you had a good time with us.
Here at Rockley Park, our aim is to provide a clean, safe environment where guests can get away from it all and make the most both of the facilities available on Park, and the many local attractions. It seems from your review that the facilities here are pretty ideally suited to your family so I do hope that we will be seeing you again in the future; I see that you booked a privately owned accommodation for your most recent visit but if you would like any assistance with a future booking then please give me a call at the Park on 01202 679393 and I will be happy to help.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

great first impression with staff at gate welcoming with a smile, and very quick and early check in, very impressed.

the caravan and whole of the site was immaculate and at a standard, always maintenance and upkeep being done.

all staff throughtout the week were helpful, friendly and had a smile.
the entertainment staff were great with the children entertainment.

lovely grounds and beach and a nice treat was the nature reserve which we found while walking.

the beach is secluded and has a lovely cafe selling great ice cream
the mash and barrell food was delicious and all staff very attentive.

we would definitely reccommend rockley park.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent trip to us at Rockley Park; I was so pleased to see that you found the facilities and team here at the Park to be to such a high standard, making it possible for you to have such an enjoyable time with us.
I have shared your feedback with the team here at the Park; they work so hard to try to help families make the most of their holiday time together and comments such as yours are the best kind of reward.
I really do hope we will see you again in the future, if I can be of any further assistance re your recent trip or a future booking then please just get in touch with me at the Park direct on 01202 679393 and I will be happy to help.