“Friendly staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poole
Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Poole
Cannock. Staffs
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and myself recently had a 'sun' holiday at Rockley Park. We had upgraded to a luxury caravan. We were allowed to book in a little early, which was great. Unfortunately the first caravan we were given was at the bottom of the site, directly, I mean about 4 feet away, overlooking the boat racks. As this would have been very claustrophobic, we went back and asked if we could have another caravan.. This was arranged within a couple of minutes, and we had a nice one just across from the reception area, which was great for the shop, bus stop etc. The staff were very good about our change, and didn't seem put out about our request. As we are 'senior citizens' this site is ideal as the bus on the site goes directly into Poole bus station, and from there you can go lots of places with your free bus pass, you don't need to use your car.
I would recommend this site.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Rockley Park. I was so sorry to see that the holiday home which was initially allocated for you was not ideal, but I was very pleased to see that the team were able to find a much more suitable alternative for you so promptly. The team here will always do their utmost to rectify any issue or cause for disappointment, and it’s great that they were able to fully resolved this so quickly for you.
I hope we will be seeing you again soon; if you do decide to come back to see us again then it might be worth giving us a quick call in advance to let us know that you would prefer to have a holiday home located in the Purbeck View or Arne View area, and we can do our best to arrange this in advance so that everything is all ready for your arrival

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have just got back from Rockley Park. We were able to check into our caravan early and we found all the staff we spoke to very helpful and friendly. Our caravan was fantastic with a balcony a bonus because the weather was lovely, The park and caravan was spotlessly clean, the swimming pool looked great even through we did not use it. The park is in a good location to visit Poole, Swanage and Bournemouth. A very good holiday was enjoyed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank samantha a
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent holiday break with us here at Rockley Park – it’s wonderful to see that everything was to such a high standard for you.
The team here at Rockley Park really are our best asset and we’re so proud of them; they really do care about making it as easy as possible for our guests to make the most of their leisure time, and it’s great to read that all the team you spoke to were friendly and helpful. Great to see as well that you managed to get out and about in the local area; we really are lucky that there are so many great places to visit in Dorset.
Hopefully we will see you again in the future for another relaxing break

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

would like to say a massive thankyou to all the funstars Deb Martin Lou Lottie James Storm for making this holiday amazing, my 4 year old was in tears as we left today as had such a great time and entertainment made it all for the family, plenty of room in the caravans and we were right next to the beach, we planned day visits to Bournmouth Poole Alice in adventure land as some of the activities were to old or too young for maddie being 4 was in that middle age that is not well catered for, but in the evening we spent all night watching the shows joining in with the games and as a father and daughter Me and Maddie have really bonded so much more as i was always the one to join in. the highlight was Girls on Film amazing dancing and singing loved the songs aswell, already planning our next trip maybe later in the year but defo next year, my couple of bits of feedback - games shows, and Bingo are quite boring as everyday maybe something like kareoke for the guests or something we can all join in against each other like quizes something more interactive

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your recent stay – what a lovely review to see! I have passed your comments on to our Funstars as I really wanted to make sure that they could see such lovely feedback, it’s particularly lovely to see that you and Maddie have had such quality time together. Thank you also for your suggestions re karaoke and quizzes – again I have passed this on to the Entertainments Manager so that he can look into this for the future.
I hope we will be seeing you again very soon?

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The caravan was nice and clean, only downside was couldn't fit a travel cot in the bedroom.
The nights entertainment was good, the children loved it. The people on stage were really good. Storm, Lottie and Louise were so nice a friendly. But Martian was so brilliant with my 3year, she wouldn't join in one night as it was his day off.
Thank you all for a great holiday.
Tanya, lee, Mia and Evie

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us, lovely to see that you had such a good time with us! I have passed your comments on to the Funstars and their Manager, and they will be really pleased to see that they have had such a positive impact on your holiday experience.
I hope we will be seeing you again soon!

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Maybe our expectations were too high for this holiday, as we found it a bit boring. Unless we travelled to bournemouth, the area was pretty un eventful. In Poole quay it was full with o.a.p's, and the town had so many closed down shops.
But Rockley park seemed a bit low on activity, again probably due to our expectations. Mash and Barrel was great for food, but the bar staff were not very good, asked for a piña colada and was served what looked like a glass of milk. Was over charged in the live lounge for drinks when I checked the tariff. The caravan was nice, although no room for our pre booked travel cot in the bedroom. Spar was good, overpriced as expected but good overall. The actual Spa was great, surprisingly cheap compared to previous spas. I don't think I would visit again, which is a shame, but I just wanted a bit more, maybe Butlins next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dj-espanol
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your recent stay with us at Rockley Park; I was sorry to see that the Park and the surrounding area were not really to your taste. It does tend to be a little quieter on Park and around the towns etc during the off-peak periods, with the larger crowds arriving during the school holidays, but you should have found that all the activities and entertainments were running as expected on Park.
I was very sorry to see that you believe you were wrongly charged in the Live Lounge; I hope that you mentioned this to one of the team members to look into and arrange for any overcharged money to be refunded for you.
Re the cot; we do advise that these will not usually fit into the double bedroom of the caravan so I’m really sorry if you were not made aware of this beforehand. We do have some holiday homes where one twin bed will fold underneath the other so that the cot can be put up in the twin room – if you do decide to return to a Haven Park again it may be worth a quick call to the Park in advance to see whether they can arrange this for you.
I hope that we will be welcoming you back to one of our Parks again in the future

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This park was lovely, the second Haven resort we have stayed at and much nicer than the first. We were upgraded and the caravan we had was really lovely and very confortable although smaller to other three births that we have previously stayed in. The beds were very uncomfortable - as in most caravans - so bring a spare duvet for extra comfort.

It was nice to have a separate restaurant to choose from apart the usual Mash and Barrel. We did eat in the Mash and Barrel but I was not a fan of the pool entrance being part of the same room and the pub felt cluttered and messy. The food was good and quick though.

The entertainment was cringeworthy but that’s probably more my taste than anything. The kids entertainment seemed to do the job but as soon as the adult acts came on we left as they were so bad!

The weather was not great but we drove to the beach which looked lovely, will definitely come again as the deals that Haven offer are too good to be true! Personally I wouldnt pay their full rates for this park so my advice would be to check out the offers and stay outside of school holidays where possible.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade if possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent holiday with us; I was glad to see that you were upgraded to one of our newer holiday homes which you found to be very comfortable - apart from the mattresses. I’m so sorry to hear this; please be assured that if we had of known of your disappointment, we would have done our utmost to have got these exchanged for you to better suit your needs.
Our Harbourside Restaurant was a new investment to the park in 2013; and really is a lovely place to be able to relax and dine - we also have our Papa John’s & Cooks takeaway establishments which I hope you got to enjoy. I’m sorry if you found that the entrance to the pool area marred your enjoyment of the Mash and Barrel restaurant, we are looking to extend the indoor pool in the near future, and therefore the entrance may hopefully be located in a more suitable location. I’m glad you found the food and service in the Mash and Barrel to be quick and up to the expected standard.
Thank you for your feedback on the entertainment here, I’m sorry if you found the adult’s entertainment not to your satisfaction. We do try and cater for all our guests and can only apologise if this was not to your taste. It was great to see though that your children enjoyed the children’s entertainment.
I’m glad you will be returning to us, don’t forget as well that as a previous guest you would receive an additional discount on a 2nd holiday at a Haven Park this year; so if you are looking at returning just call your chosen Park with your previous booking reference handy and they will be able to secure your extra discount for you.
I hope to see you again soon!
Guest Relations
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was the fourth time we've been to Rockley Park and we just keep going back. It's in a great location for Poole, and only a few minutes drive to the harbour. This time we paid extra to stay in Prestige accommodation and it was well worth the money. We had an extra bathroom and a balcony which we took full advantage of. The location was a lovely quiet area and only a short walk to the shop, restaurants etc.The staff are all very polite and helpful, and the one time we had an real issue, someone was out straight away to fix it. The caravan and site as a whole are kept clean and welcoming.The swimming pool is great but does get busy mid afternoon. The Mash & Barrel does delicious food and if you arrive 3-5pm you get a 25% discount, which makes it amazing value for money.We'll almost certainly be back next year and the year after!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 27Jen10
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent holiday with us; so lovely to see that you had a great time as always, and that you will be returning to us again! I see that you treated yourselves to the prestige holiday home on this visit; how lucky to be allocated one with a balcony, nothing nicer than sitting out on the veranda relaxing.
I’m glad to see that when you had an issue that the team were able to resolve it straight away; we know that despite the checks we carry out prior to our guest’s arrival there may still be some faults that occur whilst guests are with us – so we do try to ensure that in this case, any repairs are carried out promptly so as not to cut into your holiday time too much.
It’s great to hear that you will be visiting us again next year, please do give us a call when booking again for next year so that we can get you the best offers, and make any relevant requests for your preferred location on Park etc
We’ll see you again soon!