Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Poole
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,436 results
All reviewsmash and barrelprestige caravanlive loungepapa johnsevening entertainmentcrazy golfspar shopsplash zonesmall beachsun holidayentertainment complexswimming poolthe main complexharbourside restaurantfish and chip shopsummer houseclimbing wall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Caravan was excellent being a fully disabled caravan which we requested. However, when we booked we specifically asked that we be placed close to the complex due to our severe mobility problems. Surprise surprise we were placed at the rear of the complex but without any accessway to the complex unless you walked all the way round past the spa, owners sales and reception which took us on average 15 minutes. The bonus was that we got all the noise from the club on a night lol. To my mind this is not close to the complex. I cannot understand why their disabled caravans were not placed in the area opposite the complex which would have given easy access to the club, shop and the pool. Needless to say we did not frequent the club very much as it was too far for my husband to walk and we only had one wheelchair between us !!. Stay away from the pub food. We went in there on the sunday and was going to order the sunday carvery but the cost was astronomical at the price of £9.99 for a service of pre-cooked meat and frozen soggy veg. You can get better fare at our local Crown Carvery pub for £3.79. Do not book this site unless you are fit as it is a long steep walk to the beach and even worse coming up and there is no land train to take you down like there is at Reighton and Primrose Valley. The shop was ok but very pricey and not a lot of selection of fresh food. The fish and chip shop only opened Fri Sat Sun and MOn so if you fancied fish and chips tues wed or thursday it was hard luck or order it from the frozen selection at the pub.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swinnowbh
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

I’m sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent stay here at Rockley Park. We do have a selection of accessible holiday homes predominately located in the Orchard Bank area and one in the Purbeck View area (which is the area opposite the main complex); I’m sorry if the location affected your stay in such a way that it prevented you from making the most out of your holiday. If we had of known of the difficulty you were having with accessing the beach, we could have arranged for our security team to help you get down to the beach or the complex using one of their vehicles. I’m sorry if you were not fully satisfied with the carvery you had, but I can confirm that all of our meat and veg is fresh. We usually pride ourselves on the great feedback we receive from our guests regarding the carvery; so it is a real shame you feel let down by this service. We do reduce the opening hours of certain food venues during our low peak season; this is purely because the demand is very low and does not enable us to keep the standards of the food as high as we would like. I’m very sorry if this was a disappointment for you during the midweek
I do hope that you may consider returning to Rockley Park or one of our other Haven Parks again in the future; if we can be of any assistance with a future booking then please just give us a call and we will be happy to help

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Private let - www.rockleyholidaylodge.co.uk (owners Angela and Clive Mortimer)- which proved to be dirty - dust bundles under beds, mouse droppings on mattress protectors etc. Owner was unconcerned. Park staff were helpful but unable to do much about it. The park is very nice and the staff very friendly and facilities good. Shame about the standard of the lodge, I'll know not to do it again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PooleJenks

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us; please allow me to reiterate our sincere apologies for your disappointment with the lodge you were staying in. I know the Park team did attend several times for you and carried out quite a lot of work in the lodge so hopefully this was of assistance to you, I do hope that despite these issues you had an enjoyable stay with us?
I hope that this experience would not put you off booking with Haven to return to one of our 35 Parks in the future; if we can assist you with a direct booking then please feel free to give us a call at the Park directly and we will be happy to help

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have stayed at 2 other Haven Parks but this was by far the best. Before our visit I contacted Rockely Park on a number of occasions when researching the activities and preparing for our visit and I was very impressed with the customer service, my calls were returned when I left messages and the staff could not have done anymore to ensure that we have an enjoyable stay. We were really impressed with the entertainment staff and the activities staff. Neil took the archery and climbing session and the kids were still laughing about his jokes the next day! We are going to book to go back in July as we were so impressed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoopyLou1885

Thank you very much for your review – it’s lovely to see that our staff went beyond expectation for you in preparation of your holiday with us. I will pass on your comments to all of our team members as I know they will be happy to hear the great feedback from yourselves. It is also wonderful to see that you will be returning to us in July; please do not hesitate to call us should you have any enquires for your next holiday, or any preference for the location of your holiday home on your next visit.

We’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went for two weeks in May. Lovely park, touring shower/toilet block was kept really clean with piping hot water Staff so friendly and helpful especially the young security men on the gate to the entertainment complex and the reception team. So many places to visit in the area, went to Bormouth, Sandbanks' Monkey World and Swanage ( really good fish and chips at the Fish Plaice on the sea front). A really quick bike ride into Poole Harbour where there are boat trips around the area. Rockley Park has a beach and is attached to a nature reserve so plenty of nice walks. Has an outside pool but not open when we stayed as to early in the season but looked very nice, indoor pool very good for children. Entertainment also good for family's. Really enjoyed our time at this camp and have already booked for next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ask64

What a wonderful review, thank you so much. We are sincerely grateful for the time you spent to share your satisfaction here on Tripadvisor, it is wonderful to hear we were able to meet your expectations, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I will start with the only negative point being the size of the indoor swimming pool being too small for the size of the park and being half term week there were queues as pool had reached it's maximum capacity.

Reception staff were brilliant when we needed medical assistance for our 20 month old son researching the internet for phone numbers of possible walk-in clinics being opened on a Sunday. In the end on advice of one of them we took him to A & E and was in & out within 25 mins.

Fun stars are brilliant they all seem to work hard 24/7 entertaining the children and adults alike.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom standard plus caravan on arrival it was nice & clean. Our prepaid linen packs wasn't there and had to request them which was hassle free and rectified in 30 mins.

Stayed: May 2014

Thanks for your review on your last holiday with us, it was great to see that you had such a good time. We are hoping to extend our swimming pool in the near future so watch this space!! I hope your son is feeling much better now; and I will be informing both the reception & entertainment team of your very much appreciated kind comments. I’m sorry if your bed linen was not in your holiday home at the point of your arrival, but was glad to see it was rectified in a timely manner.
I hope we will be seeing you again soon!