“Brilliant first holiday, thank you :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poole
Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 11 Speciality Lodging in Poole
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Not long returned from spending Monday to Friday of half term week at Rockley Park. It's the first holiday just my daughter (aged 9.5 years) and I. We have never stayed in a caravan park before so had lots of questions before our arrival. Emails were responded to promptly and the phone call prior to our trip was a nice touch.
Our caravan was superb. Spotlessly clean and well kitted out. Nice and spacious for the two of us. Location was ideal for us, less than 5 minute walk from main site. The only thing that could have made this better is if someone could have shown us where it was. After 5 hours of travelling carrying luggage on and off a plane and trains in the rain, I was a little flustered but it was a minor detail.
The opportunities were there should my daughter have wanted to try lots of different activities. She did half a dozen and I joined in the aqua jets too. Seriously good fun. I tried my first flume too!!! As a single parent, the thing that particularly impressed me was that due to my daughter being over 8, she could come and go on the flume as she pleased whilst I swam. A real luxury for me. The activity team and the lifeguards were faultless. They were polite, kind, helpful and above all, perfect at their job. I love the way that the lifeguards rotated every so often to stay alert.
We tried out the live lounge a couple of nights and that was great. Slightly annoying that a couple of things changed from the schedule. I imagine this would have been told to the audience nightly but we only went twice so my daughter was a little disappointed when there was no Rock and Roll Bingo on the Thursday. Perhaps a chalk board outside the live lounge in the day with any changes to the programme would be helpful in the future? We can't get 'Ooo, stick you' and 'We just called to say yellow' out our heads :) Loved the treat of being able to take takeaway in there too!!
Mash and Barrel was great for the two lunches we had and the character breakfast. Like the little play area. Again a great touch as a single parent. We both loved the arcade and I loved the safety of knowing she could go in there and she was safe if I stayed in the restaurant of live lounge to finish my drink.
We walked to the nature reserve as we had spotted a red fox my our caravan so we wanted to see more. Sadly the path was closed but we walked down to the little beach and spotted a squirrel on the way. Coming from Guernsey, both were a real treat as we have neither here.
All in all, a fantastic trip which we both equally enjoyed. Very relaxed, made to feel welcome from the word go. Would definitely return to a Haven resort. Would like to try another next time, purely to compare and out of curiousity. Highly recommend Rockley Park.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed such a wonderful stay here at Rockley Park, and thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I haven’t been brave enough to try the aqua jets yet but they look like such good fun! The flume is a great asset to the swimming pool and can be enjoyed by all (as long as they are brave enough to give it a go!) I hope you didn’t find it too much of a battle to find your accommodation; you should have been given a park map which would have shown your route to your exact holiday home; but I know it may not be that easy sometimes on foot with all your luggage. If you decide to return to Rockley Park again in the future then just let us know at reception that you are on foot, and we will be happy to arrange for one of our Park team to collect your luggage and drop it off at your holiday home to save you a little of the hard work.
I will be passing your feedback onto the entertainment team regarding their programme changes, as you suggest they do usually announce it over the PA system the night before & place a ‘change of acts’ sign at the entrance of the Live Lounge, so I am sorry if this was missed. We have a vast range of wildlife on and around the park, and it is a real pleasure to be able to capture a glimpse of these marvellous animals. All of the team here at Rockley really do go out of their way to look after our guests and make memories that can last a lifetime, and it’s really heart warming to see that you and your daughter have returned home with such great memories of your time here. We are so proud of each and every team member, and I will be relaying your wonderful review back to them; so they can give themselves a pat on the back!
I hope that we will see you again in the future

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Not long returned from a very nice 3 night break at Rockley Park. Excellent campsite, was upgraded to a platinum caravan very close to the camps activity centre. Excellent clean site, entertainment was good, swimming pool a little small for the size of the site I thought and in rather a strange location off the restaurant ! On-site shop very good and they sold the lottery ! Nice little beach at the bottom of the site. Quite busy at check in but they seemed to get though very quickly. Staff very friendly, will be returning :)

1  Thank michBristol

First of all we would like to say thank you for your lovely review, and we are so glad we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sharing your feedback with the team, as it is always a great source of motivation for them to hear that our guests appreciate their service and attention to detail.
We will look forward to welcoming you back to Rockley Park in the near future; if we can be of any assistance with your next booking then please just give us a call at the Park and we will be more than happy to help

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Caravan was excellent being a fully disabled caravan which we requested. However, when we booked we specifically asked that we be placed close to the complex due to our severe mobility problems. Surprise surprise we were placed at the rear of the complex but without any accessway to the complex unless you walked all the way round past the spa, owners sales and reception which took us on average 15 minutes. The bonus was that we got all the noise from the club on a night lol. To my mind this is not close to the complex. I cannot understand why their disabled caravans were not placed in the area opposite the complex which would have given easy access to the club, shop and the pool. Needless to say we did not frequent the club very much as it was too far for my husband to walk and we only had one wheelchair between us !!. Stay away from the pub food. We went in there on the sunday and was going to order the sunday carvery but the cost was astronomical at the price of £9.99 for a service of pre-cooked meat and frozen soggy veg. You can get better fare at our local Crown Carvery pub for £3.79. Do not book this site unless you are fit as it is a long steep walk to the beach and even worse coming up and there is no land train to take you down like there is at Reighton and Primrose Valley. The shop was ok but very pricey and not a lot of selection of fresh food. The fish and chip shop only opened Fri Sat Sun and MOn so if you fancied fish and chips tues wed or thursday it was hard luck or order it from the frozen selection at the pub.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swinnowbh

I’m sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent stay here at Rockley Park. We do have a selection of accessible holiday homes predominately located in the Orchard Bank area and one in the Purbeck View area (which is the area opposite the main complex); I’m sorry if the location affected your stay in such a way that it prevented you from making the most out of your holiday. If we had of known of the difficulty you were having with accessing the beach, we could have arranged for our security team to help you get down to the beach or the complex using one of their vehicles. I’m sorry if you were not fully satisfied with the carvery you had, but I can confirm that all of our meat and veg is fresh. We usually pride ourselves on the great feedback we receive from our guests regarding the carvery; so it is a real shame you feel let down by this service. We do reduce the opening hours of certain food venues during our low peak season; this is purely because the demand is very low and does not enable us to keep the standards of the food as high as we would like. I’m very sorry if this was a disappointment for you during the midweek
I do hope that you may consider returning to Rockley Park or one of our other Haven Parks again in the future; if we can be of any assistance with a future booking then please just give us a call and we will be happy to help

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Private let - www.rockleyholidaylodge.co.uk (owners Angela and Clive Mortimer)- which proved to be dirty - dust bundles under beds, mouse droppings on mattress protectors etc. Owner was unconcerned. Park staff were helpful but unable to do much about it. The park is very nice and the staff very friendly and facilities good. Shame about the standard of the lodge, I'll know not to do it again!

1  Thank PooleJenks

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us; please allow me to reiterate our sincere apologies for your disappointment with the lodge you were staying in. I know the Park team did attend several times for you and carried out quite a lot of work in the lodge so hopefully this was of assistance to you, I do hope that despite these issues you had an enjoyable stay with us?
I hope that this experience would not put you off booking with Haven to return to one of our 35 Parks in the future; if we can assist you with a direct booking then please feel free to give us a call at the Park directly and we will be happy to help

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have stayed at 2 other Haven Parks but this was by far the best. Before our visit I contacted Rockely Park on a number of occasions when researching the activities and preparing for our visit and I was very impressed with the customer service, my calls were returned when I left messages and the staff could not have done anymore to ensure that we have an enjoyable stay. We were really impressed with the entertainment staff and the activities staff. Neil took the archery and climbing session and the kids were still laughing about his jokes the next day! We are going to book to go back in July as we were so impressed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoopyLou1885

Thank you very much for your review – it’s lovely to see that our staff went beyond expectation for you in preparation of your holiday with us. I will pass on your comments to all of our team members as I know they will be happy to hear the great feedback from yourselves. It is also wonderful to see that you will be returning to us in July; please do not hesitate to call us should you have any enquires for your next holiday, or any preference for the location of your holiday home on your next visit.

We’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went for two weeks in May. Lovely park, touring shower/toilet block was kept really clean with piping hot water Staff so friendly and helpful especially the young security men on the gate to the entertainment complex and the reception team. So many places to visit in the area, went to Bormouth, Sandbanks' Monkey World and Swanage ( really good fish and chips at the Fish Plaice on the sea front). A really quick bike ride into Poole Harbour where there are boat trips around the area. Rockley Park has a beach and is attached to a nature reserve so plenty of nice walks. Has an outside pool but not open when we stayed as to early in the season but looked very nice, indoor pool very good for children. Entertainment also good for family's. Really enjoyed our time at this camp and have already booked for next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ask64

What a wonderful review, thank you so much. We are sincerely grateful for the time you spent to share your satisfaction here on Tripadvisor, it is wonderful to hear we were able to meet your expectations, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I will start with the only negative point being the size of the indoor swimming pool being too small for the size of the park and being half term week there were queues as pool had reached it's maximum capacity.

Reception staff were brilliant when we needed medical assistance for our 20 month old son researching the internet for phone numbers of possible walk-in clinics being opened on a Sunday. In the end on advice of one of them we took him to A & E and was in & out within 25 mins.

Fun stars are brilliant they all seem to work hard 24/7 entertaining the children and adults alike.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom standard plus caravan on arrival it was nice & clean. Our prepaid linen packs wasn't there and had to request them which was hassle free and rectified in 30 mins.

Stayed: May 2014

Thanks for your review on your last holiday with us, it was great to see that you had such a good time. We are hoping to extend our swimming pool in the near future so watch this space!! I hope your son is feeling much better now; and I will be informing both the reception & entertainment team of your very much appreciated kind comments. I’m sorry if your bed linen was not in your holiday home at the point of your arrival, but was glad to see it was rectified in a timely manner.
I hope we will be seeing you again soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poole
Holiday Inn Express Poole
Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel
RNLI College
RNLI College
#1 of 13 in Poole

Been to Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!