“Time out”

Ranked #2 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Poole
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Time out”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were really happy with this camp it was clean and had a relaxed atmosphere. We stayed here for 4 nights and we are now thinking of buying one of the holiday homes here. So I think that says it al .

Room Tip: Its a big site so probably close to the clubhouse is best
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some comments regarding your recent stay with us at Rockley Park – it’s wonderful to see that you had such a good time with us!

I see that you are thinking about buying a holiday home here – if I can help with any information at all then please just drop me a quick email at Natasha.wearn@bourne-leisure.co.uk and I will be happy to help

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my mrs and 19 month old daughter... Check in was a breeze, with the staff bring very friendly, helpful and fun at the same time... The facilities were second to none, both day and night. The only moan I have is that you can't swim before 9:30am, which, then takes up half your day, when with a baby....
Would I stay here again?
Would I recommend rockley park?
We had a fantastic time here, and have booked to return later in the year....

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Simon_Donk
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your kind comments, it is great to hear that you had such a fab holiday and even better that you will be returning to us this year.
I have passed your comments onto the Pools Manager in reference to the opening times of the swimming pool, so that this may be considered in our future planning and scheduling.
Please do send me an email letting me know when you are returning, and feel free to pop in and say hi when you are here on Park
See you soon,
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a 4nite trip to rockley park.

The park itself is lovely, pools are fab staff are always helpful and friendly. The entertainment was good for little ones and our little girl loved meeting the seaside crew :)

The major disappointment was the setting of our caravan. We looked out one side onto a horrible metal boat rack thing. And the other side was a train track which was less then 10m away.... With trains running from 6am ish there was no chance of a layin and in the evening it woke my 2year old up several occasions! It was so noisy it rocked the whole caravan :(

There was also a set of steps and a wooden balcony with random bits of wood taken off the caravan to the left of us and these were left lying on the floor the whole week. They had nails hanging out of the bits of wood and although the balcony was finally moved the wood was left there making unsafe for our little girl to run around freely.

A good week away but a few bits of the park were a let down.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TheMooins
Thank you for your feedback, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed the facilities here at the Park so much, and that your daughter enjoyed meeting Bradley, Rory and the gang
I was so sorry to hear of your disappointment with regards to your accommodation and its location. Please be assured that had you made us aware at reception of your disappointment, we would have done our utmost to find you an alternative accommodation, to enable you to really relax and enjoy your holiday time to the full.
If you would like to discuss this in more detail then please feel free to email me at Natasha.wearn@bourne-leisure.co.uk and I will be happy to help

Would be great to see you here at the park again; if you are considering returning to us then please give us a call at the Park so that we can make some notes on your booking to ensure that you are allocated in a quiet area away from the trainline, to help you make the most of your next holiday break

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 7 days in the 1st week of June. This is our 3rd visit in the last year and we and the kids love the place- not for the entertainment but for the location, it's peaceful with nice people and is just a nice place to relax.
This time round we booked privately and got a lodge for less than half the amount Haven charge, and it was stunning and huge- could happily move in for good!!
Sort your prices out Haven- how can it be that much cheaper?? I will now never book anything other than private...

Entertainment is not our thing and is too loud but it's obvious they work very hard.
Amusements are just OK and are a little expensive- £1 for a game of pool or Air Hockey.
Shop is good and reasonably priced.
Grounds are immaculate.
Swimming pool is adequate.
Mash & Barrel is ok and I thought the service there was good and friendly.
Staff are all very helpful and friendly.
Night out in Pool Quay is nice. Lots of other attractions around.

I've asked before but will again- A gym would be great???

We will definitely be back but I'm afraid haven it will be through private- it's just too good a deal- £500 for 7 days in a Brand New Lodge is superb- Haven wanted £1,200 for a similar Lodge for the same week!!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Honestd666
It’s always lovely to hear when our guests return to us, we are so lucky to be situated in such a lovely location here at Rockley Park.
Thank you for your kind comments in regards to our facilities, I have forwarded your comments to the relevant departments so they are able to use this feedback to improve the services that we provide to our guests.
Thank you so much for choosing Rockley Park to spend your leisure time. I see that you booked your holiday privately, if I can help with pricing for any future holidays please feel free to contact me on 01202 679393 so I can make sure that you are getting the best prices.
We hope you will be returning soon
Kind Regards

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Really impressive site - caravan was clean, modern, well equipped and spacious. Facilities on site are excellent and everything is well organised and clean. My 4 year old loved the evening entertainment and the drinks were reasonably priced. The restaurant (Mash n Barrel) was great for pub style food. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to review our park; it’s lovely to hear when families have had such a good time with us at Rockley Park.
It was great to hear that the accommodation suited the needs of your family and that you were able to enjoy the facilities here at the park.
We hope that you will be visiting us again soon in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

So I headed down in April this year and have stayed at various haven camps before and was a little concerned to what this one would be like in comparison to the others as it's a lot bigger from what we're used to.. However I had nothing to worry about!

On arrival we were greeted by a gorgeous well maintained park, it looked beautiful and from that moment it made me excited! We were staying in a private caravan and my phone had died with the number of the guy who we were renting the caravan froms number on it but the reception staff were so helpful in giving him a call and helping us get passes for the week sorted while we waited for the owner to come and greet us!

After settling in we went for a wander up the main area of the camp and my only downfall about this site is it is EXTREMELY hilly! I know that isn't havens fault so I'm not marking them down on that however it is something to bare in mind! The inside of the main complex was absolutely beautiful; a really nice lay out, everything felt clean and fresh and it was a nice atmosphere to come into to!

The park is a short and nicely priced bus ride from poole centre! The park has its own beachish area and harbour which was nice for a little bit however I couldn't spend much time down there as I did get bored quickly and felt slightly out of place with all the activities going on around me! I didn't eat in the restaurants at all purely because I didn't need to however I did buy a few drinks from there and the bar staff were slightly slower than expected.. But nothing wild to complain about!

The main thing I wanted to bring up was the entertainment and live lounge which kept me entertained every single night! It was a really nicely maintained area and it gave you that energy that you needed! I've known one of the people in the team for a few years from various sites and she was the reason we chose to come to rockley this time however the team In general is really good and really blends well! they were always really happy and helpful and good entertainers in general.

Overall a really nice Break, returning in July as we had such a good time! :)

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank youllneverknowmyname
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our park and the facilities.
I see that you stayed in one of the holiday homes that are let privately; we do have a range of holiday homes in different locations if you were thinking about booking through Haven at all please call myself at the park on 01202 679393 so I can make sure that we get the best prices available for you; we will also be able to discuss about the location of the holiday home.
Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the entertainment team, it was great to hear how you enjoyed the entertainments programme and that the team were always happy to help.
We cannot wait to welcome you back to the park in July, please do pop into reception and say hi 

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is the first time we have ever stayed at a holiday park so had no idea what to expect! We're upgraded to a lovely caravan in Oak Falls which is a superb location and very quiet. We loved the swimming pools and all the staff we met who were very friendly, a special mention for the endearingly crazy Callum who made my children laugh and was always cheery in the activities area. We would liked to have seen a playground suitable for older children as my eight year old was too big for the existing play equipment. Plus mattress protectors on the beds would be a good idea in case of unexpected incidents, also a recycling point would be helpful. Overall a good trip and I wish we could afford to buy a plush caravan here :))

Room Tip: Stay in Oak Falls, a gated area of the park.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
It was great to hear you and your family had a great stay with us at Rockley Park 
Oak falls is a lovely area on the park; it is very tranquil and especially nice when you have children with the added security of the gates as you enter the area.
We love to hear feedback about our team as it is great to be able to pass this on to the team members concerned as recognition of their efforts; I will make sure that Callum is made aware of your kind comments.
I will pass on your feed back in regards for the play area for the older children to put forward for any future plans of development.
We do have recycling points on the park - these are located in the majority of the bin bays around the Park; we have some just for glass and then a larger number for mixed recycling so that people do not have to sort their recycling down too much, I’m sorry if you were not made aware of this.
We have a variety of holiday homes for sale on the park at a range of costs, so if you would like to discuss options or just get some general information please do give us a call at the park on 01202 679393.
We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Guest Relation Manager