“Long weekend stay in June”

Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Poole
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Long weekend stay in June”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We took our 6 year old twin grandchildren on our first holiday alone with them to Rockley Park. The weekend was a great success - everything is geared to the children and they really enjoyed the pools and the Live Lounge entertainment. The entertainment team were really friendly and worked hard to entertain the children. Our caravan was spotless and quite comfortable. A well stocked shop plus places to eat on site meant we did not have to get in the car at all. The local beach was great for hunting for shells and crabs. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carolyn W
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
How exciting, taking the grandchildren along with you on holiday for the first time!

I was glad to read it was a great success. I know that keeping children entertained can sometimes be a challenge; I’m so glad that our entertainment team kept you all entertained throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the facilities here at the park.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rockley Park again soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this holiday park Monday-Friday with my dad and my two sons (ages 3 and 1).. We booked a 3 bedroomed deluxe plus caravan as we had stayed in one in another of your sites (Hafan Y Mor) and it was superb! Unfortunately we found the caravan to be quite dirty.. The main bin had not been emptied, the bathroom sink was covered in toothpaste, there were several black hairs in the shower and the kitchen drawers and cupboards had crumbs in! For the life of me I can't remember the name of the area where we were located but it was top right on the resort map and number 7.. By looking on the Haven website our lounge area was the same as the 'standard' caravan, not the delux plus which we'd paid for so I don't know if there was some mix up? Aside from this the park itself was lovely, the park and pool areas were especially enjoyed by us all and were kept clean and tidy at all times! We ate from Papa Johns a couple of times which was really nice.. A bit of a wait but you don't mind this for fresh, hot pizza! All in all, a lovely break away but just a bit disappointed with the cleanliness of the caravan.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JessicaD87
Thank you taking time to share your feedback; I was sorry to read that the accommodation was not up to the standard that we would have expected ready for your arrival and I would like to apologise for this. I’m not sure if you had reported the issues to the reception team whilst you were here at the park as they would have arranged for one of the house keeping team to re-attend the accommodation to resolve all of the issues that you have mentioned.
The holiday homes do vary in their decor and layout so you may see that some grades will share common features; if you would like to call the park directly I can check to confirm the grade of holiday home that you were allocated, and hopefully put your mind at rest?
It was great to hear that you enjoyed the facilities here at the park; I will pass your comments onto the team.
I hope that you will return to us in the future, and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

west sussex
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned from a week in a very nice dog-friendly standard plus caravan on the edge of Orchard Bank at Rockley Park. We arrived early and were told to leave our mobile number and they would ring when the caravan was ready. I went to get my phone from the car and by the time I got back it was ready! The caravan was clean and well equipped (it even had scissors, and a decent frying pan!) there were some nice touches such as a great TV, coat hooks on the back of the doors, heated towel rail in the bathroom etc. The curtains in the living area could have done with being 2 inches longer though as not very effective when sleeping in the lounge area! It made a refreshing change to stay in such a nice caravan as at many other sites the dog-friendly caravans are disgusting. You get 15 minutes free WIFI a day but I paid £18 for the week and it was absolutely fine and I had no trouble with it.
Unfortunately on the first night we thought we would have to reluctantly ask to be moved or go home because when the entertainment finished the noise from the traffic (foot fall, cars going over the speed bump, and even a couple of very loud bikes) on the road outside our caravan made sleep virtually impossible. Just as one drunken party passed by and you drifted off, another one would come along! The following couple of nights I wore ear plugs but as the week went on it got quieter and I didn’t need them to be able to sleep (either that or I was exhausted!) I had a phone call from Rockley park during the week prior to our holiday and was asked if we had any mobility problems (we don’t), and I mentioned that I would prefer somewhere quiet as we don’t use the entertainment and they said they would try their best to accommodate my preferences. I was really disappointed as I felt that not only was it very close to the entertainment but also on the edge of a main route from it! Also it was really difficult to prevent the dogs from barking at drunk or very merry people walking by so close to the caravan at night.
The site is very security conscious. You will need your passes and they will be checked every time you enter the entertainment complex. The site has a superb indoor pool, a great outdoor pool with lots of sun loungers, Spar shop which was expensive as you would expect, but it had a free cash machine which made a welcome change. The fish and chip shop was only open for 4 days (Friday to Monday) but apparently may open longer at busier times. We didn’t use the mash and barrel. It would be nice if an area outside of the main complex was designated to be able to sit and have a drink with your dog instead of having to go off-site all the time. My daughter used Pappa John’s pizza and she said it was very nice and they also deliver. The beach at Rockley although small was sandy. There were lots of other things to do but I cannot comment as they were not used by us.
If you use the hourly bus don’t make the same mistake we did. We thought we would have a day without the car but we didn’t pick up a timetable (from reception). We bought return tickets but didn’t realise that the bus doesn’t do a return journey for the two hours at 3.45 and 4.45 in school term-time. We were stuck at Poole bus station wondering why the bus was so late. In the end we asked some staff and they told us to get the number 8 or 9 to near the park. We got an 8 bus and the driver kindly let us use our return tickets and told us where to get off and even pointed out the route we needed to walk, which was from an estate over the railway and up a pathway at the side of Rockley Park.
Off-site the Yachtsman pub just down the road (Lake Road, BH15 4LW) allow dogs in the bar area and do a fair selection of nice meals. The Red Lion pub (hungry horse) does cheap meal deals if you are on a budget but doesn’t allow dogs. We managed to go one evening when it was cool enough to leave them in the car. You couldn’t go on a hot day as the car park has very little shade. I thoroughly recommend Hamworthy Park (Lulworth Avenue, BH15 4DH) with its grass, great children’s playground and beach. Very dog friendly, it is well worth a visit for a paddle and to cool off in the evening with a free car park too! Daniel’s fish and chip shop in Coles Avenue BH15 4HJ near the park is lovely.
Even with the location of our caravan we loved this park and its immaculate surroundings. The staff were friendly and helpful, and it was definitely a superior park!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see the holiday home you stayed in met your expectations, but was a little saddened to hear that we were not able to provide a holiday home in a location a little more in line with your preferences. Without looking into your booking, I’m not sure why you were not allocated in a more suitable area based on your request; we do have a selection of Standard Plus Holiday Homes which are located across the park, and I can only assume that this may well have been one of the furthest holiday homes away from the main complex, which should have given you a slightly quieter location. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused by this. I can also assure you that had you decided to come to reception to let us know of the difficulty you were having we would have been more than happy to look for an alternative holiday home in a different location for you.
We do allow dogs on the terrace area outside the Mash & Barrel Restaurant, and I can only apologise if this was not made clear to you whilst you were staying on park. It was great to hear you had chance to experience a lot in and around the park; we are very lucky to live in such a beautiful place with many things to do just on our doorstep!
Thank you again for your review; I hope that we will be seeing you again very soon!
Surrey
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent value, and exceptionally clean and tidy caravans.
This was our first caravan holiday as we were holidaying with a toddler and grandmother. Worked so well far less stressful than a hotel, so can see many haven holidays in the future. The restaurants were good for toddlers, good value, brilliant pools. We did not make use of the entertainment. The site is large so would recommend a pushchair. It would have been nice to have some open playing field, green space. The one complaint I have is the smoking area, really let's the site down, at the entrance of the restaurant and pool area, looks awful and disgusting that smokers are smoking over children trying to use the slide. If I was haven I would ban smoking from the communal area completely. Rethink your smoking policy and we will be customers for life!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Richanddee
Hi Richanddee, thank you for your kind feedback. I’m glad you found the park to be so clean and such great value for money. Our warden and housekeeping teams really do go out of their way to keep the park looking clean and fresh throughout the season, and it’s lovely to be able to show them that their efforts are noticed. A pushchair is definitely ideal if you have little ones, and if guests want to save some space in the car, they can hire one from our Hire Shop for a small charge. We do have an area which is located near the tennis courts which is known as Ham Common; this is a large green area which is popular for picnics and games. Thank you for your feedback regarding the smoking area; I’m sorry that you found this less than ideal, and I will certainly pass your comments onto our Retail Manager to look into reconsidering our smoking policy.
We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Well what can i say this holiday park is fantastic, the best I've ever stayed in. Excellent customer service, excellent facilities, friendly helpful staff, great location and excellent accommodation. From the start the staff were absolutely brilliant. Really gutted we had to go home because we were so happy here me & my wife :-) the caravan we stayed in was of excellent quality, the bed was a bit hard, but i couldn't complain i had 4 good nights sleep in it. There was a good selection of pots & pans in the kitchen, more than enough to keep us going. The caravan had heating if required but we had glorious hot weather so wasn't needed. The park is set in an excellent location, has its own bus service provided by local operator Damory Travel Mon-Sat hourly service into Poole, Hamworthy train station is also within walking distance. Would recommend this site as 5star+

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review which you’ve shared on TripAdvisor; it’s great to see that you had such a lovely time with us! We do love to be able to share such great feedback with the team as it is a wonderful pat on the back to the team for a job well done. It is very handy to have the bus run from the park, and I’m glad to see this was beneficial to you. It’s a real shame you only had 4 nights with us, hopefully next time you will be able to stay with us a little longer!

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were really happy with this camp it was clean and had a relaxed atmosphere. We stayed here for 4 nights and we are now thinking of buying one of the holiday homes here. So I think that says it al .

Room Tip: Its a big site so probably close to the clubhouse is best