“Holidaymakers beware”

Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven
Ranked #2 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Poole
“Holidaymakers beware”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend in rockley park, never again! When we first arrived our caravan (standard plus) which cost over £600 for just 3 nights, looked ok. Gradually things went down hill. The gas boiler had paper notices pealing off and curling dangerously close to the pilot light, the main sofas had broken boards underneath, which we found when we sat down and fell through. Not enough cutlery, we had to wash up half way through our meal. When we got the bed out in the lounge, it was bent so badly we couldn't use it, semen stains on the mattress, and I caught my hand on protruding nails. The following day I complained and we were moved. This van was slightly better, but very sparse and ill equipped. On our last night the bed my elderly parents were in collapsed in the middle of the night and we had to rescue them! Take away fish and chips in the resort cost an incredible £8 each and the quality was appalling. When you pay this amount of money for a few days, you expect the vans to be clean and well maintained. From what we saw, the vans are not, and are down right dangerous. I will be reporting some of my findings to gas safe. Please if you stay there, check the gas boiler is ok, it's an accident waiting to happen.

1 Thank Karen T
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent holiday with us at Rockley Park. I’m so sorry that the holiday home you initially checked into was not to the expected standard in regards to cleanliness and maintenance; all holiday homes are cleaned and checked prior to each guest arriving so I sincerely apologise if we had missed these issues.
You may recall it was actually myself who arranged the move to the new holiday home for you. I was very troubled to see that you found this second holiday home to be sparse and not to a very high standard; from our conversations I was under the impression that you were happy with the second holiday home, and thought that we had been able to put things right for you so that you could carry on and enjoy your holiday. I do hope you know that if you had let me know you were still disappointed I would have been happy to do anything else in my power to assist, and to ensure that your family were comfortable.
Following your report re the bed collapsing, we did have maintenance check all beds in the holiday home but they were unable to find any fault; I can only apologise as I imagine this must have been rather distressing for your parents.
Please accept my assurance that the safety of our guests is of paramount importance to us; all holiday homes let through Haven have a gas safety test carried out on a yearly basis – this is to ensure that all gas appliances within the holiday homes are operating safely. The paperwork which you mention is the gas safety certificate which must be displayed adjacent to the boiler; there have been no previous reports of any safety concerns with these peeling up, however I have spoken to our Maintenance Manager and going forward he will stipulate that the certificates are placed differently within the boiler cupboard.
If you would like to discuss any of the above in more detail then please feel free to get in touch with me directly at the Park and I will be happy to investigate
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Due to a recommendation from a friend, last month we booked Rockley Park for five days as a family. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly woman waving to everyone as they arrived. Once in reception, we were told we were early, therefore we couldn't check into the caravan for 30 mins, but this was fine with us, so we went to the onsite park for a bit. 3pm, check in time, hardly any queue which was nice, and sweets at the desk which the kids loved!;) To get in the pool, activities and bar you have to get 'Fun Passes' which were £80 for 4 of us for 5 days!! Drinks from the bar aren't included in the passes and you have to pay a small fee depending on the activity.
Our caravan was at the bottom of the park, meaning a 20 minute walk from reception but this was ok as we had the car. Our caravan was opposite an electricity pylon and behind us was a train track, but trains didn't run at night so it was very quite. The caravan we were given was for 6 people ( 2x 2 single bed rooms & 1x double bed room) but just 4 of us struggled to move around. Also can get very hot, so keep windows open when in.
The pool could get busy, but only got closed once on our visit due to to many people. Deck chairs all around the pool, but they get taken quickly in the morning with people placing towels on them. We decided to book the aqua jets session to be told our 7 year old, who can swim, cannot do it as you had to bad 8. This was fair enough, so we booked it for two of us costing £16!! When we turned up, we were the only people over 6 there!
Overall this holiday park was ok, and Poole was lovely (highly recommend visiting sandbanks beach) this holiday park is family friendly and has lots for the kids.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank conniereviewer
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I was pleased to see that the check-in process was quick and easy; we do our best to minimise queues so that our guests are not kept waiting to start their holiday. The fun passes that you mention are usually included when booking a holiday with Haven directly so I’m not sure whether you might have booked through a private owner or letting agent directly; if so I hope that you found that to be an easy process.
We are so lucky here at Rockley Park that we can offer not only the facilities here on Park, but the many and varied attractions and days out to be found in Poole and the surrounding area; definitely something to suit everyone!
I hope that we may be seeing you again in the future
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I have been using Haven sites for 10 years with my touring caravan. I must say how surprised I was with Rockley Park. The pitches are very spacious with ample room. Never have I seen a site so clean and tidy from the washing up area, toilets to the shop and restraunant. Everything is spotless. There is a nice little beach attached to the park with a little play area for children and a cafe. All dog friendly, dogs are even allowed on the beach. There are also some lovely walks over ham common with beautiful views.
The fish restraunant is a must visit on site.
The park is so good we've booked for next year already. So much to do and see around poole.

2 Thank Maree S
Thank you so much for your wonderful review; I’m so pleased that Rockley was even better than expected, and that you had such a fantastic time with us! The team here do work so hard to make sure that our guests can enjoy a clean, tidy and safe Park environment; a review such as yours really shows them that their hard work is well worth it!
Looking forward to seeing you again next year
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The swimming pool facilities are very disappointing and far too small for the number of caravans they have rammed onto the site. We had to wye for over 30 minutes to even get it. The change facilities are poor and far too small and the close the Pool for an hour 1-2pm which is ridiculous at the high of the season. Over all in impressed. Don't waste
Your money.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Kerry P
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback re your recent holiday with us; I was so sorry to read of your disappointment with the swimming facilities.
We do have 2 swimming pools here on site (1 indoor and one outdoor) and these do tend to get very busy at the height of peak season. For safety we do control the number of bathers using the pools, which unfortunately can result in queues at busy times – I do appreciate this isn’t ideal, but we have to consider safety in the water as paramount. The indoor pool does, as you say, close for an hour from 1-2 but this is to enable the water activities to go ahead; the outdoor pool does not close over the lunch period at all so there is always at least one pool open. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.
We are hoping that the swimming pool area will receive some investment in the near future to enlarge or enhance the facilities; we do make sizeable investment in our facilities every year to ensure that we are providing up-to-date facilities that are appealing to our guests, and we are confident that the swimming pool is very high on the list of likely projects.
I trust that the other factors of your holiday were more enjoyable, and I do hope that your disappointment in this area would not deter you from returning to one of our Haven Parks in the future. If you would like me to look into this matter in any more depth for you, or if I can help you with any future booking then please feel free to give me a call at the Park directly and I will be happy to help
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The park and facilities are great. We arrived early and our children went straight into the outdoor pool. We sat watching with our lunch. My wife's sandwich (from Mash and Barrel) was soggy, but was replaced without a quibble.

Caravan very comfortable with a sea view. We needed glasses which were brought to us within 30 minutes.

What we love about Rockley is the entertainment. Yes it is a bit repetitive but the FunStars led by the wonderful Chris try to keep the enthusiasm going. Only one act let us down. Please no tribute acts. Katy Perry she was not!

We also loved the lo band challenge.

We will be looking to return for our fourth visit next year.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ChinUp3107
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, how wonderful to see that you are regular visitors to the Park.
I was sorry to see that your wife’s sandwich was not to the expected standard, but I was pleased to read that the team rectified this promptly for her.
Thank you for your comments re the Funstar team and Chris; they certainly do work very hard and have bags of enthusiasm and energy! I have passed on your feedback re the tribute act, so that this may be considered in future scheduling.
The loom band challenge is ongoing in our record breaking attempt; we will continue adding to it through the season – keep an eye out on our facebook page to see how we get on!
It’s great to see that you will be returning to us again next year; if you haven’t already booked it then remember to get it booked up before the end of October to get the best offers. If you would like any help getting this booked then just give us a call at the Park directly and we will be happy to help
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a week here. Easy arrival procedure, caravan was excellent and very modern. Food and entertainment was great and plenty of variety. We did eat offsite a few times for variety. Lots for kids to do with pools and slides and entertainment. Overall very good.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Haribo676
So pleased to see that you had a lovely time with us here at Rockley Park; thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. I hope we will be seeing you again in the future
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Too many caravans for this site swimming pools too small restaurant too small and next to swimming pool entrance why??People queing in shorts right next to you eating and that's if you can get a seat!Bar too small and where is the adult\quiet bar that we love at haven Hastings\ wild duck etc?We don't all have small kids and we do like the karaoke nights at the other sites but not here just the kids lounge or the bar in the cafe.Go find a pub down the road like we have,beach is rubbish too we made big mistake coming here go too haven hastings ten times better,we are actually going home early can't wait to get home for a decent pint with no small kids and seated

5 Thank flyingardener
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent holiday with us at Rockley Park; I’m so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I see from your comments that you are a regular Haven guest and have previously visited Combe Haven and Wild Duck, which you found much more suited for you and your family. I do apologise if Rockley Park did not live up to your experiences at other Parks; each Park does offer a slightly different experience with differing facilities so each individuals personal preferences may well mean that some Parks are more to their tastes than others; although we do try to cater to as many tastes as possible.
I do hope that your disappointment with Rockley Park’s facilities would not deter you from returning to one of our other Haven Parks in the future, which will hopefully be much more in line with your holiday preferences