“Mr Collumbine”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been visiting the Antelope for over 10 years after the management kindly welcomed our family of 12 including our 4 children to sit in the bar area and allowed us to stay until closing time on every visit. Tonight we have visited again only to be told there has been a change in the law and children are no longer allowed in any bar area of pubs after 9pm. We have asked other local pubs about this law who have advised it is not a true fact. The manager (named Rachel but wouldn't give us her second name and actually isn't he manager because he is called Sam) was adamant that the law had change even though her bar staff had told us that the pub had never allowed children in after 9pm, Which is obviously not the case as we have been going for years with our children.We would like some clarity on this as has cause distressed to two of our children who have autism and do not like sudden changes is circumstances. This has also cost the business and approximate cost of 60 pounds per night.

1  Thank iaincoll
Antelope M, General Manager at The Antelope Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

HI Mr Collumbine

Rachel is one of my team leader and was the Duty manager last nigh as I can not work 24 7. Rachel is correct that the Licence issued for the pub by Poole Council to allow us too sell alcohol clearly states no children after 9pm. The licence summary as required by law is displayed at the end of the bar for you to review.

I can assure you that on my first day as Manager here at the Antelope I fully read the licence and have been enforcing the conditions of our licence and have made it clear to my team that they have to do the same as breaching these conditions will cost the pub its licence, meaning we would have to close altogether which would cost the business considerable more. Also many guest would prefer not to have 4 child sat in the bar that late in the evening, when not eating.

Sorry that this may have caused any distress but it is clearly an action we have to take and may be previous managers had been a bit more relaxed about these rules but as I said its my job to protect the licence.

Regards

Sam Johnson
General Manager and liceancee of the Antelope .

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Four of us, last minute decision to eat out and decided to try the Antelope. What a little gem! We were worried at first as it was quite empty but when the food arrived we all were very impressed. Staff very friendly, food arrived very quickly and very reasonably priced. Will definitely be visiting again !!!

HI Lisa

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am pleased you found us to be friendly and the food to be quick and good. I hope we see you again soon.

Thanks once again.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Went yesterday for the first time, I had wonderful food, lovely staff and excellent value. Will be going back

Antelope M, General Manager at The Antelope Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi

Thank you for your review I am pleased to see you had a great visit and that you will be back. I hope you don't leave it too long till your next visit.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Looked lovely from the outside and the inside is equally nice but as we walked in everyone stopped talking and just stared at us as we made our way to the bar, it’s not the staffs fault but we felt very out of place and left after just one drink because someone requested that the tv be turned to a different channel than the one I was watching.

1  Thank FloydOnForever

Hi

I am sorry that your made to feel uncomfortable in our bar. We do have a regular loads of guests but given our location we have many visitors, tourists and our own visitors who stay in our hotel.

Once again sorry that you felt you had to leave.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Food is hot, served quickly, but you must remember to order at the bar which we did not realise and sat looking like a couple of lemons

Antelope M, General Manager at The Antelope Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hi Joanne

Thanks for the review. I am pleased you had a good visit, and i am sure no one thought you were a couple of lemons :)