“Rude Barstaff”

The Haymoor
Ranked #251 of 382 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I came in here on recommendation from a friend and I wish I had never bothered. The bar staff were rude and obnoxious especially Mark the so called 'Bar Manager' when I tried to make a complaint about another member of staff who was being quite unprofessional and impersonal in the establishment.

I stated to Mark that if he did not take my complaint seriously that I would write to head office, he snarled back and said that head office wouldn't care and wouldn't believe me. What a lovely gentleman!!!!!

The pub itself seems grotty and full of the local scum who kept on about buying nosebags whilst my family was trying to enjoy their meal.

So between the locals scoring and taking drugs in the toilet and the unprofessional staff I wouldn't go here if it was the last place on earth. The only saving grace was that the food was edible.

1  Thank Thomas J

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited this pub on many occasions and the food has usually been very good. However, on June 26th myself and my family came for a birthday tea- I was very disappointed with the food, the child portion was very small, and sub-standard! Me and my mum chose the 14oz gammon steak. The gammon was fatty, the pineapple was not grilled and neither was the tomatoes, there were no mushrooms on my plate, regardless of it being stated on the menu and I had two piles of peas??? My Dads meal included coleslaw which was vile- not sure whether it was a new chef , but definitely not to the standard of our last visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A small(ish) neighbourhood pub at Canford Heath, a little rough and ready perhaps and pretty full of senior citizens on the two occasions I've visited. But hey, perhaps that's a clue, this group of socio-economic c and d's are pretty careful with their pensions. The reason they support this pub is the food is OK bordering on good, the menu covers a wide range and the prices are very fair. Portion sizes are more than adequate and there are some excellent offers to be had. A great place for the grandparents to take the kids and far superior to McDonalds. I've found the service to be polite and friendly and the pour an excellent pint of Ringwood cask ale. I gather the reputation a while back was not so good but things appear to have changed. Only problem we had was finding a free table at 12.30pm.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My parent went for a meal at Haymoor on Tuesday 01/04/2014. The meals came out which was not to standard. Spoke to the manager, who was polite and apologetic and offered a new meal or refund and a free drinks, don't look at the previous reviews as it as changed. Well done Haymoor. I have only given 4 for this as know one is perfect.

1  Thank Petefromnotts
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We visited the pub on 1st October 2013, for my sons birthday treat .
We ordered the food using the 25% voucher , very good value steaks all round for £36.
The steaks were a little chewy , but for the money good.
We had the house wine for 6.79 , good wine and we also did an online survey which gave us a £5
Credit.
Overall a good pub and would visit again.
So would I say to you try it , yes.

1  Thank Darren M