“Excellence in Poole”

Pineview Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 48 Poole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Janet and Peter have developed an excellent home from home for their guests. If you are looking for a guest house that adds those little refined touches that goes the extra yard, then I can thoroughly recommend Pineview. The accommodation appears to have had no expense spared in the quest to ensure guests have a comfortable relaxing time with them. yes I'll be back.

1  Thank Kappacino
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Kap,

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review about your stay with us, as I know you are really busy just now. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and to host you and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your business trip to Poole. Both Peter and I look forward to hosting you again during your next visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

A lovely warm welcome from Janet & Peter when I arrived for a breakfast meeting was a lovely way to start my day.

The guesthouse was beautifully decorated and very inviting, whether staying overnight or just popping in for breakfast. The breakfast room was beautiful and a lovely array of tempting dishes awaited me. Every detail had been well thought out and the presentation was excellent.

I chose scrambled egg and smoked salmon which was delicious - only sad bit was that I wasn't able to finish it all.

Definitely recommend if you want somewhere to stay in Poole - beautiful guesthouse, a very warm welcome and great location

1  Thank Helen F
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Helen,

We are highly delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that our services lived up to your expectations. It was indeed a pleasure to meet and to host you for your business breakfast and both Peter and I look forward to seeing you again in due course.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My company booked Pineview Guesthouse for me as this was they place they tended to send people when they visited Poole - turns out they were spot on. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The room was gorgeous and had everything I needed. Janet and Peter were lovely hosts who were warm and welcoming despite the fact that I turned up late and were very accommodating and lovely during my entire stay. There is a wide choice of breakfast and portion sizes are generous. I will definitely be recommending this place to friends and family. :)

1  Thank Selina114

Dear Selina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send in your lovely review. Both Peter and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you, your friends and your family in the future. Please email us with any further comments you may have regarding 'Sleep Quality' and we shall try our utmost to improve that area of our business.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

i would really recommend pineview guesthouse to anyone who likes service and friendly and helpfull hostes.
they welcomed me me warmly after i arrived wet with towels and hot coffee, very very good.
the room is perfect so is the bathroom , breakfast that is served is compleet and and really well done .
by leaving they set farewell as i was a friend for a long time allready .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank fietserholland
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Arie,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for your advice regarding map co-ordinates, which we have now included on our webpage. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and both Peter and I hope to see you again should you be visiting Dorset the next time you are in England.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I had an amazing experience staying in Pineview. It begun with warm greeting by Janet and Peter in their house, they showed me the room and explained everything about facilities - I had my own bathroom, fridge in the room. Bathroom just 2 steps from the bedroom door, with a big shower and lights coming off when you step inside. Warm in the morning when you get out of your bed still sleepy.
There were two rooms they had in offer, I chose 'white room'. Big comfy bed, tv and radio, wardrobe and many chests of drawers. I felt there like a princess. Very nice white room with flowery accents on the curtains and some paintings on the walls. Janet put a small vase with flowers on the table - that was such a nice gesture! Even proper milk was in my fridge so I could have a coffee any time.
I was staying there because of work, so it was quite long stay. Peter offered to drop me to work until I get a bike, that was very kind of him! I really appreciate it.
I was under big impression of the breakfast. I mentioned to them the day before that I was vegan - they exactly knew what I could eat and had everything prepared. The menu was on the table, you could choose from a big list of many dishes, different types of drinks, meat free, special needs.
It was quiet in the morning (radio playing in the background) and we had a chat when i finished eating. Janet and Peter asked how was the food and if i want to eat something different the next day. Every time I chose a dish, it was excellent! Service and cleanliness without any doubt.
When I bought a bike, Peter helped me to check if it works all right and maintained it, even I did not ask for any help! That was unexpected and so nice. Peter showed me a good cycle path to get to work as well.
I was told about fireworks night on Thursday, and about other activities so I wasn't bored at all. Every time I was coming back from work they asked how my day was, gave me a glass of water or juice and we had a nice chat. In the evening I would have a 20min walk to town, or the quay. On my way back to the Pineview I felt I was expected when I saw lights in my room. I really felt like I was at home. We had lots of laughter. Friendly atmosphere made me want to come back.
It was the greatest place to stay so far (thanks to Janet and Peter!) and actually I don't think I could find a better one in Poole.
Don't go to the hotel, go to Pineview Guesthouse! :)

1  Thank Factoryxgirl
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Magdalena,

Thank you very much for your fabulously detailed review and we are thrilled that you have had such a lovely time in Poole. It was such a pleasure to host you and after 19 days you had almost become part of our family. Both Peter and I are looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

An absolutely pleasant bed and breakfast. Comfortable and clean room with plenty of facilities. Delicious breakfast with a perfect layout, even a soft ambience music. We had a very warm welcome, the hosts, Janet and Peter, were very helpful as well as perfectly professionals. The perfect place to stay when you arrive or leave Poole. No doubt that if we had to go to Poole again we’d choose this fantastic bed and breakfast.
Fernando y Lidón

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fernando P
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Fernando & Lidón,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in Poole. It was so nice to host such warm and charming people and we really look forward to spending more time with you in the years to come.

Janet & Peter

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The word outstanding gets battered about these sites frequently, but without hesitation it can be told that the Pine view B&B of Poole is one of outstanding distinction. From the warm reception that greeted us, comparable to one that would be received by long lost friends, to the very top standards in cleanliness, comfort and facilities. The reason for out visit was to enjoy a weekend alongside my brother, for a weekend of sailing. Upon our late arrival, we decided (my brother and I) to experience the Poole evening atmosphere, it would've have an agonising 20 minute walk, but Peter after we had left, very kindly gave us a lift into town, something we didn't ask for but was greatly appreciated and a sign of such cordiality that neither my brother or I have seen for a long time. The next morning after a slight buzz in our heads from the night before, we sat down to a superior breakfast where you the customer can make your selection from a scrumptious menu. On both morning's the breakfast's were excellent and fully supported by additional breakfast items which are to numerous to be included here, but suffice to say exhaustive and would be in contention with any 5* hotel. Peter & Janet also made every effort to help us when the wind died down the following day to help us find our way around and to find activities for the rest of the day. We left after two excellent nights with great happiness at finding this fantastic gem which reassures any person about the hospitality of people outside the realms of the professional service sector. The proprietors that are Peter & Janet deserve the greatest of accolades for their capability of running a B&B, there was nothing at all to fault, but only masses to applaud. A great weekend with outstanding accommodation. This place is a must visit!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert M
Janet S, Owner at Pineview Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for your very flattering review and we are extremely glad that we helped make your visit to Poole a memorable one. You and your brother were excellent guests and both Peter and I really enjoyed your company.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit.