“What a brilliant little place!”
Review of Grove Bar

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I'm quite new to the poole area and I dont really know much about the good places to eat. So i usually check out reviews for local places on trip advisor then decide where to go from there.Reading lastest reviews of this place put me off, but on my way home from work I thought i'd stop by just to check out the menu and atmosphere. From the second I walked in the door the staff was nothing but polite and helpful, they couldn't do enough for me. I went on to book a table a return later that night with my friend and was surprised. The staff were just brilliant, the food was beautiful and the atmosphere was delightful. I couldn't fault it, I will certainly be returning soon to take advantage of all the amazing deals the dancing grove offers.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Where to start with this dreadful establishment?

The rude, incompetent staff?

The arrogant, clueless management?

The worst burger I have ever had?

The most ineptly-mixed cocktail in Dorset?

The awful music (there was more cheese on the soundsystem than on my burger)?

The toilets, which were not only filthy, but constantly crammed with nefarious-looking characters?

Ashley Cross has some really nice retail establishments - the Grove Bar is not one of them.

Probably the worst restaurant/bar I have ever had the misfortune to visit.

4  Thank EssexPaul
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Visit today for lunch with friends. The staff were clearly selected for their looks not personality or intellect.
First challenge, a pint of Peroni. The girl couldn't work out which tap was which, despite the Peroni handle.
Next challenge, taking a lunch order for a group of 10. We all received our food at different times, despite ordering together. Items were missing, extra items brought that we had not requested. I ordered a chicken skewers (note the plural of skewers) salad. What I got was a bowl of lettuce, a couple of slivers of mozzarella, and 1 skewer of chicken. Had to ask for dressing, and for the mozzarella which was missing.
Next stop the toilets, which can only be described as grim. I actually had to make a toilet paper seat cover as it was so grubby. If the front of house was so dirty, it makes me scared what the kitchen is like. On the plus side, I doubt there was sufficient chicken in my salad to make me ill.
To summarise, avoid at all costs.

3  Thank CarrieBradshaw3
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Went for brekkers on Sunday morning. Miserable waitress, no fresh orange, "machine broken". Ever heard of an orange squeezer?
Half English breakfast, looked ok "do you have any Worcester sauce" " no" "why not?" "We run out"
SPAR 50 yards away, go buy some.
All seems too much effort.

3  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 5 August 2013

There were 6 of us in our party and we had dinner, desert and a few glasses of wine. The atmosphere was fab, the staff really friendly and the food tastes and looks all freshly made. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will be back soon. The live music was a bonus too with a chap on guitar.