“Cool Place”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Like to chill out at the weekends in the Grove. Though there are quite a few bars and places to hang out Grove is our favourite. Used to be Mai Tai but the crowds there seems to be getting younger every week.
Sometimes we eat at Grove and their menu though not extensive are good quality meals at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This little cafe is definately a little gem. The ambiance and friendly service is really impeccable. On my first visit, I was passing by and thought I would just pop In For a coffee and ended up staying for the best full English I've ever had!
On walking in, I recieved a warm smile and a hello from the girl behind the counter and was quickly taken care of and sat down with the best coffee I've had In A long time. The ambiance of the place is so lovely, looking over Ashley cross green, with calm music playing gently over the sound system, it made me feel completely at ease and could have easily stayed all afternoon with a good book. Sadly I couldnt stay for lunch, but I have vowed to come back and impress my friends with this little find, as I was far too tempted by the meals being taken to other tables and I'm sure we will definately be in for cocktails at the weekend!

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I like the Grove. Having tried every breakfast bar in The area over a period of two years now I can confirm that the Grove offers the best range, the best cooked breakfast and the best atmosphere, no cooking smell whatsoever, air conditioned and pleasant surroundings. I have taken visitors there and they all agree giving top marks for the above. HOWEVER!! the grove has one big problem, the staff. In order to sit in this should be award winning establishment and taste the delights of the best breakfast in the area, you will have to put up with bad service. None of the staff actually want to serve you, they will make numerous mistakes and give you a right attitude. Only twice in the number of times I have visited has the service been acceptable. On one occasion I almost walked out it was so bad. But if you are happy to ride the hormonal road of badly chosen staff, the rewards of a great breakfast are .....worth it!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Another good evening in the Grove. Consistently good service and attentive staff. Its always a great night out at the Grove.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been here a couple of times before and have always found the staff friendly and helpful. They have changed the menu since my last visit and, as we arrived just before 12pm, we decided to try the half english breakfast. It was great! Don't think i could have eaten a full breakfast - half was enough for me. Great selection of meals on the brunch and lunch menus. Will definitely go back again for brunch!