“Lovely Aussie & Co”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

One of the best experiences I have had for going out for an early evening drink. We were greeted with a lovely Aussie chap with a big smile and served at the bar by Liam. The service was fantastic and Aussie made us aware of the food deals for that evening and convinced us to have a meal. The atmosphere was lovely and we noticed that the two staff were very attentive to their customers and any issues the happened to the customers! Very commendable of them!
We will definitely return as the staff were lovely and well mannered and well experienced, and the food was fantastic!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The worst experience I have ever had of going out for an early evening drink. The unwelcoming, rude, bad attitude and know it all member of staff was a put off from the moment we started to order. It got worse from then on.
Why do bars employ inexperienced staff who clearly want to be somewhere else other than serving customers?
Wearing a woolly hat whilst working and calling customers mate is not what I expect from this sort of establishment. It gives out mixed and confusing messages about the type of clientele they're trying to attract.
We will certainly not be revisiting!

1  Thank Dingdong97
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Okay I came to 'The Grove' back in September and was very happy with the food and service i received. I went again for my second visit last weekend and was instantly worried when I pulled up outside and the name had changed to 'Dancing Moose.' I was in fear of there being different owners, different chefs and staff BUT everything was same. It was just as good if not BETTER than my last visit! I was greeted by a lovely young lady who was very chatty and couldn’t do enough for me, even sorted me a water bowl for my dog. (Which all the waitress' came over and fussed) I ordered drinks which did take a while to get to me but understandable when there are so many people in the cafe. I then ordered food... IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. The menu is all new and a little bit Christmas themed which is brilliant!
The Dancing Moose = BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!!!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Like to chill out at the weekends in the Grove. Though there are quite a few bars and places to hang out Grove is our favourite. Used to be Mai Tai but the crowds there seems to be getting younger every week.
Sometimes we eat at Grove and their menu though not extensive are good quality meals at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This little cafe is definately a little gem. The ambiance and friendly service is really impeccable. On my first visit, I was passing by and thought I would just pop In For a coffee and ended up staying for the best full English I've ever had!
On walking in, I recieved a warm smile and a hello from the girl behind the counter and was quickly taken care of and sat down with the best coffee I've had In A long time. The ambiance of the place is so lovely, looking over Ashley cross green, with calm music playing gently over the sound system, it made me feel completely at ease and could have easily stayed all afternoon with a good book. Sadly I couldnt stay for lunch, but I have vowed to come back and impress my friends with this little find, as I was far too tempted by the meals being taken to other tables and I'm sure we will definately be in for cocktails at the weekend!