“Great little Indian” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Great little Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

I just cannot understand why this little restaurant/take-away doesn't have any reviews. We have to drive for a half an hour to get here as the Indian restaurant's in Dorchester are, well, I'll say no more. The location is an ordinary parade of local shops. The restaurants decor is clean and simple and now divided into a counter at the rear for take-always with some seating and tables at the front for around 16-20. It has been run by the owner for a number of years who even acts as 2nd chef on some nights and 1st chef on Mondays when chef is off. The main waiter is Jay who is warm, friendly and interested in how you are. Now the food. I think I can count myself as a bit of an expert on Indian restaurants as I have been to many,many of them since 1974. It certainly isn't pretentious but the food is always consistent and very good. Like everybody, we probably creatures of habit. My partner always has Nargis Kebab for starter. A sort of Indian Scotch egg with a lovely red sauce (freshly made). Last time I had Lamb Tikka starter and was probably the best I have EVER had. Both less than 3 quid! We often have Garlic Chilli Chicken Masala. Beautiful sauce and hot with whole chillis and good when you have a cold! I sometimes have Tandoori Mixed Grill as a main course at £10.25 with a Nan. I tell you, it's heaven on earth. The Tarka Dall as a side is fabulous. There is a regular take-away trade going on whilst you are eating but all regular customers, as many are on first name terms when they collect. This might annoy some a bit but don't be put off as the food is so good and such good value. If I had a very small gripe, it can be a tiny bit colder that some restaurants but they will bring the heater over for you. Please give this deserving little restaurant/take-away a try. If your disappointed, I'd be surprised but you won't be much out of pocket as its so good value. One last thing. You can bring your own drink as they have a bottle licence.