“Expensive just about average takeaway”
Review of Tatnam Tandorri

Ranked #258 of 363 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Expensive just about average takeaway”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

After ordering the following takeaway:

Chicken Vindaloo & Mushroom rice
Prawn Dansak & Vegetable rice
Garlic Nan
3 pappadoms

This came to £19:25. The delivery driver told me he didn't have any change on him so it cost 20 quid. The delivery time was 30 mins which is okay. Most of it was spilling out of the containers.

The chicken vindaloo was nice and hot. The mushroom rice was alright.

The Prawn Dansak looked like a pile of mush. The prawns were microscopic. The vegetable rice consisted of rice and potato. It tasted better than it looked but that still was not good. My girlfriend didn't bother eating much of it.

My review says average as my Vindaloo was okay. but as the Dansak wasn't that good we will not be going back.

• Visited February 2013

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Great little Indian”
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

I just cannot understand why this little restaurant/take-away doesn't have any reviews. We have to drive for a half an hour to get here as the Indian restaurant's in Dorchester are, well, I'll say no more. The location is an ordinary parade of local shops. The restaurants decor is clean and simple and now divided into a counter at the rear for take-always with some seating and tables at the front for around 16-20. It has been run by the owner for a number of years who even acts as 2nd chef on some nights and 1st chef on Mondays when chef is off. The main waiter is Jay who is warm, friendly and interested in how you are. Now the food. I think I can count myself as a bit of an expert on Indian restaurants as I have been to many,many of them since 1974. It certainly isn't pretentious but the food is always consistent and very good. Like everybody, we probably creatures of habit. My partner always has Nargis Kebab for starter. A sort of Indian Scotch egg with a lovely red sauce (freshly made). Last time I had Lamb Tikka starter and was probably the best I have EVER had. Both less than 3 quid! We often have Garlic Chilli Chicken Masala. Beautiful sauce and hot with whole chillis and good when you have a cold! I sometimes have Tandoori Mixed Grill as a main course at £10.25 with a Nan. I tell you, it's heaven on earth. The Tarka Dall as a side is fabulous. There is a regular take-away trade going on whilst you are eating but all regular customers, as many are on first name terms when they collect. This might annoy some a bit but don't be put off as the food is so good and such good value. If I had a very small gripe, it can be a tiny bit colder that some restaurants but they will bring the heater over for you. Please give this deserving little restaurant/take-away a try. If your disappointed, I'd be surprised but you won't be much out of pocket as its so good value. One last thing. You can bring your own drink as they have a bottle licence.