“lovely non pretentious restaurant”
Review of The Bay - CLOSED

The Bay
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Based in an exclusive area, I was surprised how down to earth the waitress was. bless, she was taken by surprise by the influx of guests and was working alone..that said, she was excellent. we had a steak deal which was great value and tasty. We also went for puds,which were sublime.....really enjoyed it and will be back soon.
The happy friendly waitress made all the difference!

1  Thank DorsetSusiew

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Just back from the Bay at Sandbanks Roads Poole, great evening, the food was good, the music was excellent and Naomi, the (head?) waitress kept everything under control.
Music: Myles on the piano/keyboard and Leo on vocals, wonderfull combination.
wines are good and not too expensive.
Can absolutely recommend the place !!

1  Thank flyingdutchman_10
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Decided to try local restaurant while staying in Sandbanks. This was very close and convenient. Was very quiet on a Tuesday evening but we had excellent service and lovely food. My wife had fish and was very pleased. Nicely presented and beautifully cooked. They have live music at weekends and get very busy then. Recommended.

1  Thank Rod4go
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have never submitted a review to tripadvisor before but The Bay impressed me so much that it deserves one. I am not local to Poole but a regular visitor, staying in Lilliput visiting with friends. We decided not to eat in Poole town on the Sat evening and tried to book at The Cliff, which fortunately was full. We decided the short walk to The Bay was worth a try. The decor and feel of the place when you enter is really nice, we had a lovely table in a corner. I could have selected many options from the menu and chose, Moules Mariniere (no finger bowl) and cod and chorizo stew, which was exceptional. For dessert I went for lemon posset (I rarely have dessert), which was delicious. The cheeseboard which one of my fellow diners had was also very good. Music from The Songbirds was a great backdrop. I echo fully the comments of the previous reviewers, check out this local restaurant and give it your support, its well worth it.

2  Thank Janet T
Reviewed 28 April 2013

First visit on the Saturday, and really impresses. All the food was excellent and the service and music was also great. I has scallops to start and venison for mains, which was absolutely supberb. Desert was worth the extra pounds on the waistline. And all reasonably priced.

We have many places in the area, but urge you to try The Bay, as another reviewer said it is a little gem and deserves support by us locals......on the proviso I can still get a table.Next time you are thinking shall I go to Cafe Shore, The Edge, The Cliff etc try here.

Well done chef and the whole team !!

1  Thank KOSBO