“Fun Evening”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Poole, United Kingdom
“Fun Evening”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went along to No 4 to play music with our friends. We had a meal first. I had a delicious plaice, new potatoes and peas, my husband just had a starter of fish bites. We have eaten here a few times and it has been excellent if not very quick. Our group then played mostly English music for the evening which was very popular with the customers and the atmosphere was friendly and lively.

• Visited September 2013

Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Encumbered with a an elderly, wheelchair bound mother and a small dog, our options where limited. No 4 was perfect for us. Very accessible for the wheelchair and the dog got a warm welcome too. We had the traditional sunday lunches. Generous portions of quality meat and fresh vegetables. We were very happy with our experience and we will be re-visiting in the near future, probably today!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank happyallotmenteer
Poole, United Kingdom
“Awful!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I booked this restaurant for a family birthday. The restaurant was not very busy, but the service was very slow. Two of our group of five ordered the Sunday roast. After it eventually arrived at the table ( an hour after our booked time), the Yorkshire puddings were missing. We managed to attract the waitress's attention, and asked where they were. She went to check, returning about 5 minutes later, saying 'they are in the oven, shouldn't be long now'. Terrible. My daughter had ordered lobster, it was very overcooked. I ordered dressed crab, as a main meal. All I got was a smallish crab and a pile of 'summer leaves', no brown bread and butter or any thing to make the meal at all of substance, I was left feeling hungry, so I ordered a summer berry tart for dessert. It consisted of a flat pastry square with grape halves, diced mango and a few strawberries! Where were the raspberries, blueberries and blackberries that are so abundant at this time of year? Well. at least I now know that grapes and mango are summer berries! Even the veg accompanying the roast was poor, shredded white cabbage and carrots, very anaemic looking when there are so many wonderful summer vegetables around at the moment. Never again, and it was expensive too. There are many lovely restaurants in Poole, this clearly isn't one of them.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank omeganatasha
Dorset
“Saddened by the poor quality”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This used to be such a good restaurant but the meal I had in there was simply awful. Small portions of tasteless food. I wish I could say something good about it but I cannot. It is going to struggle to get through the Winter season without the holiday makers.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank glowworm
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“tiny portions ,pre cooked/overcooked”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

went with my wife for a night out hoping to find a good local restaurant.
i had purchased a live elite voucher that entitled us to 4 "dorset tapas" 2 main courses and 2 glasses of prosecco.
we ordered some olives and bread while we were waiting olives ok,,,soda bread barely cooked and so heavy you could have knocked someone out with it.
the tapas came and to describe it as small would be a compliment,soda bread again,a tiny prawn cocktail in a glass jar..approx 2 spoonfuls,grilled mozarella toast,and some chicken wings.
i had the sea bass with noodles again small,fairly tasty but fish a bit over,
my wife had the supreme of chicken with noodles..noodles again ok,chicken so dry it was inedible and only just warm?
my presumption would be pre-cooked and warmed up.
when asked how it was..the chicken left on the plate i explained it was so dry it was inedible the waitress said she would "let the kitchen know" no apology..no offer of replacement.
on asking for the sweet menu we were told the only thing available was the fruit parcel.
fuit ok,pastry had a nasty chemically taste to it.
if people cannot make pastry they should not bother serving it in a restaurant.
i have no understanding of why these places enter into voucher schemes to get people in and then serve them tiny portions of mediocre at best and poor at worst food.
another restaurant i will not be returning to or recommending.
i spent an additional 40gbp on top of the voucher so it was not as if it was a loss for them.

• Visited July 2013