“Don't order on a Saturday Night!”
Review of Cinnamon Tree

Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Poole, United Kingdom
“Don't order on a Saturday Night!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Ordered through Just Eat, estimated delivery was an hour - fair enough for a weekend. 2 hours later I received my food at 10pm and it was clap cold. Not only that but the curry was tasteless and swimming in oil, and the nan bread was uncooked in places.

Won't be ordering from here again.

• Visited January 2014

“Good food”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I'm abit surprised by the comments. I've been in numerous times and have always been impressed with the food. Midweek meal day is good value

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“The worst indian experience of my life”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Simply the worst indian meal I have ever had. Ordered on a Saturday evening, I expected a wait on our food but nothing would prepare me for what was to happen next. 1 hour and 20 minutes after the meal was ordered it turned up, well, at least some of it did.

Reading through the labels on the tops of the boxes I realised we were missing a few dishes. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue but seeing as we had guests and this made up the constituent part of their meals it felt a bit rude to eat without them.

A quick call to the shop to chase up the rest would be the best course of action, I thought. After 25 minutes of a combination of the engaged tone (I can only assume it was others calling to complain) and the phone ringing and then being put immediately on hold without word from the person answering, I eventually got through to someone. They said they would get the remaining dishes out to us straight away which I thought was nice of them so I agreed and said thank you. A further 1 hour and 20 minutes went by a several attempts to contact them later (with no joy). I finally had enough and called Just Eat to complain. Whilst I was on the phone to just eat the remaining food turned up, which would have been great but by this point in time some of the food was cold and attempts to keep the rest warm in the oven made most of the food a congealed mess.

Not only that, when dishing up I noticed that the meat choices of all the curries were wrong. I can't really make comment on the quality due to the additional cooking we had to do in the oven but the stuff that turned up extra late was watery and insipid and the stuff that turned up early was fairly tasteless compared to other indian restaurants I've tried in the area.

I will not be eating here ever again and urge others not to either.

• Visited September 2013