“Nice bar”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice bar and restaurant but need to improve food to match the prices or reduce prices to match the food ! Definitely not worth eating at current prices.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Went to the Grasshopper for the first time today and wasn't expecting anything special but the meal I had there was absolutely terrible. I had pasty chips and peas, the pasty was described as a famous home made recipe well I have got news for them .The ones they sell in Asda for 50p are better than the one I had at the Grasshopper.The chips all 15 of them were over cooked, the peas were fine but why the hell they put them in a colander is beyond me.To top it all off why serve it on a piece of wood, what the hell is wrong with plates.The young girl who served us couldn't be faulted but as for the Grasshopper for food forget it awfull.

3  Thank Nick S
Reviewed 15 May 2014

From the lunch menu, I had a cheese baguette and my friend had a Philly Sub. The food was freshly cooked and tasty. Portions were reasonable for lunch.

However, we decided to try the Grasshopper as I have a Gourmet Society card entitling us to 25% off the bill. According to the GS website, advance booking is not required. When I tried to use my card, the server told me that I couldn't as I hadn't booked - apparently it's in their Terms & Conditions! I have to say that I would never book a table in a pub for lunch. Also, there were very few tables being used - it wasn't busy that lunchtime.

Other than that, there was no atmosphere in this pub whatsoever.

Rex W, Other at The Grasshopper, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your visit. In relation to your gourmet society discount, as a business we have set terms and conditions that have been agreed and we adhere to. Unfortunately there seems to have been some miscommunication.

With such a big open dining room we do try to create the best atmosphere, having said that we apologise that you felt on this occasion the house lacked some.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback as without this we are unable to hear the guests voice in relation to making improvements in the future.

The Grasshopper

Reviewed 1 May 2014

As a Brit of a certain age, I’m not great on tipping. However, the service at The Grasshopper in Parkstone on a Saturday lunchtime in April made it happen!

The Grasshopper is a bright, modern and light restaurant with a wide menu of pub staples, but served in a contemporary way. The meal was well presented and the food was of a high quality but at affordable prices. The pub serves Badger ales.

This is a Hall and Woodhouse pub; his employers need to look after Alvin, our server because he’s a real asset. He was attentive, informative and generally kept things on track. The meal service was smooth, all down to him. We were well looked after and we left feeling that we’ve all had an enjoyable birthday lunch.

Highly recommended – the pub, the food, the ales and Alvin.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We ate at the grasshopper last night .We had previously been in for drinks and liked the atmosphere.I think the menu is quite expensive .I had a starter of garlic mushrooms and literally had 4 mushrooms it was tasty but a bit of a mean do .My husband' meal was disappointing lacked seasoning and seemed quite bland.
On the positive the staff were all lovely .Would return for drinks but not a meal .