“Average fish and chips”

Oliver's Gourmet Fish & Chhips
Cuisines: Seafood, Greek
“Average fish and chips”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Expected this to be great from what I'd heard. Distinctly average fish and chips. Will try elsewhere next time.

Visited March 2013

“Fantastic food matched with low prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I cant speak highly enough about this totally underrated little fish and chip shop! Since the new owners took it over it has gone from strength to strength. It has all the fish options you could ask for plus a few more options like burgers etc. Absolutely massive portion sizes, a standard chip normally does my partner and I. They have the best curry sauce i have ever tasted from a shop like this. And best yet, their prices are so reasonable! You get a high quality feast for two for under £10! I cannot recommend this place more, eaten there loads and i have never been disappointed. Out of laziness i rang in my order once because i didnt want to wait the few minutes in the shop while they cooked it from scratch. I arrived 10 minutes later and my food was piping hot ready to be collected. It is a must go!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Bournemouth
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband has just been to Brown's for a take away fish and chip supper - they had just opened for the evening. The portions were large, I had a large cod and my son had medium cod and they were both quite big however that is where the positives finish. My husband had wanted scampi and the order was taken but he was then told that there wasn't any scampi and was offered fish bites instead - again it was a large portion but the fish itself - for all three of us, was tasteless. The batter was heavy and overcooked and the chips must have been reheated from either lunchtime or yesterday, they were tough as old boots and looked very dark and unappetising.
if we had received this whilst eating in a restaurant we would have sent it back however we didnt really feel like going back so binned most of it. £15 wasted.

• Visited June 2013