“PE21”
Review of Harlees

Harlees
Ranked #69 of 379 Restaurants in Poole
Reviewed 30 March 2014

How disappointing.. PE21.above Harlees and part of it, we booked for mothers day. The service is very slow although the poor waiter was new he had obviously had no training on how to look after customers. with no front of house skills. Only three tables occupied and the food arrived burned to a crisp..'Chargrilled' the chef called it ..more like charcoal!!! Really bad food, bad value for money and poor service.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We tried this when it first opened & found a hair in the fish & then the chips! Gave it another try last week & the chips were over cooked bits. Terrible food, complained by emailed, but this was ignored. Never again.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have been meaning to pop in here for lunch for some time having heard good things, but l was sadly disappointed by quality of cooking on Friday when l did. Ordered small cod and chips with curry sauce and a coffee. Coffee was the most acceptable of what l ordered. Fish and chips came in a timely fashion, but l must of had the palest battered cod and chips l have ever seen. The cod was greasy and the batter was very soggy to eat so l just picked out the cod. the chips had barely been cooked, they were hot, that is the only positive l can say l'm afraid. The curry sauce, had obviously been poured into a very cold bowl because after a couple of minutes it too was cold. I left most of my food and just drank the coffee. I couldn't see any waiting staff to complain to so my complaint is here. Such a shame. On the whole the restaurant side was clean. I wouldn't say they were busy either, as l left the guys cooking were just standing around chatting so they weren't rushed off their feet. First and last visit.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Went here for the final bike night on the quay. Obviously a busy night and lots of customers that night but the fish was small portions, very greasy and the chips were like the dreggs of the bottom of the fryer. We saw several people trhowing their chips to the seagulls!!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Writing this review rather late after the event but looking at reviewers recent comments I can see what they mean as I have been in several times and the service did not come up to the standard of the first visit in December 2012. On this occasion I was accompanied by 8 French people and 1 Belgian lady, we all had haddock and chips and some opted for salad which was not a problem for the staff who were all young and seemingly happy to be there. The meals arrived and the French ladies nearly keeled over as asking for a small portion had enough to last them a day or two! I have a big appetite but was struggling to eat all on my plate(I did not succeed). The view from the upstairs restaurant is a nice one looking out on to the Quay and Harbour. My European friends thought the fish and chips were "delicieux" so full marks from Europe for Harlees. Went back again in August this year with my 2 sisters visiting from Scotland and again no complaints, service maybe a bit slow but as fish is cooked to order and you are advised of this at time of placing orders I don't have any moans about it.