Shah of Persia Hotel
US$113
US$109
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$223
US$201
US$111
US$100
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Free cancellation until 02/06
US$160
US$152
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$177
US$158
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

US$253
US$233
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Poole North Hotel(Poole)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
US$103
PremierInn.com
Book now, pay at stay
US$62
Travelodge
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

All reviewsbusy junctioncooked breakfast of your choiceburn marksroom numberbooked last minutecomfortable staytea and coffeepersianbournemouthferry
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed for one night arriving off the ferry from Cherbourgh. On arrival staff were helpful and guided us as to where we could leave our tandem, which we had not inquired about in advance and directed us to our room in an annex, which was small but comfortable. A spoon would have been useful to stir sugar into hot drinks and there were no signs of the earplugs they advertised. (We booked about 4 hours before our arrival.)
In the morning we were not so impressed. We were told breakfast was from 7.30. We did arrive a few minutes early but the doors were locked and were late openning. A lady walked past soon after 7.30 saying that breakfast did not start until 7.30 and I pointed out to her it was past that time. She did not seem impressed. The menu said that the cold buffet had cereals, yogurt and fruit. There was no sign of the last two items. Coffee arrived in a cup and at no time were we asked if we would like any more. Toast arrived on the plate with the cooked breakfast and again we were not asked if we would like any more.

Room Tip: They do say it is on a noisy road junction which it was in the morning but not too bad during the night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
MarkLeech, Manager at Shah of Persia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Valued Guest,

Our sincere apologies for the missing buffet items, as we provide the breakfast for free all our guests tend to take advantage and sometimes this can lead to us running out of certain items should we have a last-minute fill on the rooms, however, should you have asked for a top-up on any of your other items toast, coffee etc this is not an issue. Our apologies again and I will pass on your good service comments to the relevant team.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Shah many times previously and was left dismayed by this visit.
As a party I had a twin and family room booked. On arrival at 5pm the family room was not made up for the two adults and two children on booking. This was alerted to staff. However on inspection it was clear this room was unclean and not equipped or safe for family use.
I spoke to the manager and said I had issues with the room and invited him to look, he declined and said the housekeeper would be in at 6pm, and that he would adjust our food bill that night, which I declined, as I simply wanted a satisfactory room. I was told the room had not been used for a few days but my issues were not related to this.
* The hair dryer had a red safety failure sticker dating august 2012.
* An odd box with granules and liquid at child's reaching level in the walk in wardrobe.
*When the children's beds were removed from the wardrobe a random piece of mdf was exposing pipe work.
* The bathroom was so dirty it was not fit to be used, hardly better when cleaned as still some awful areas that would have taken longer to clean.
* Filthy complimentary drinks holder with opened biscuits and dirty cups, one bottle of water for four people.
*In the twin room men's smelly work boots found in the wardrobe making that not desirable to use.
* On the second night the manager asked to take the remaining hair dryer from our twin room!!!.
Not sure he has any concept of the standards, or does not wish to see.
On a positive note general staff are excellent as is the food.
Many photos to provide evidence!! Lots more issues too, definately not a trip advisor 4 anymore.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Kym L
MarkLeech, Manager at Shah of Persia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Valued Guest,

It is always disappointing when a guest feels disatisfied in some way, however on this occasion I fell the truth is being elaborated somewhat:

Your issue with the bathroom was brought to my attention by yourself at 17:55 PM, I apologised profusely and as there was only myself and one other team member working at the time and said that I would send the Housekeeper (who also works some restaurant shifts for us) up immediately at 6PM when she arrived, while we were still talking she arrived and went upstairs with you with the instructions to rectify whatever issues you had. Before you left to go upstairs with the housekeeper I offered to either provide your evening meal on the house or to discount your stay as a gesture of goodwill, you stated that this was not necessary as it was only a minor issue and you appreciated the immediate response.

As you correctly state the housekeeper also apologised to you personally as she had not checked the bathroom that morning as it had not been used for a couple of days and we have an issue with circulation in that bathroom and adjoining cupboard at present causing the issue you mentioned and kindly photographed and also the reason for the sealed, on a high shelf, in a cupboard dehumidifier box or as you call it "odd box with granules and liquid".

You also state that some pipes were exposed when "a random piece of mdf was moved" I'm not entirely sure why you would slide a piece of mdf out of an access panel adjacent to a bathroom and expect to find anything else?

Finally you also mention the out of service hairdryer, that unfortunately is wired into the wall and we have been awaiting works from our head office for some time, however as you also mentioned in passing there are spares in the rooms affected , incidentally we also keep a couple on the reception desk, on the afternoon on your second day I indeed knocked on the twin room and asked if I could use the spare from that room for an hour or so as we had a wedding party in that needed some spares to help the ladies get ready, I asked that room of your party only as you had two gentlemen staying in there, however when they declined as one of the gents said he would need to use it for his hair in a bit I sourced some from elsewhere and left it in the room.

Finally you raise some issues with the complimentary items that you did not mention to myself or the housekeeper while she was with you, this issue was also not mentioned on your second morning when you declined to have your room serviced or have any items topped up and all of these items were gone upon your departure, we will always provide whatever a guest needs of these items when asked if given the opportunity.

Many Thanks again for your comments.

Mark and Sarah Leech MBII

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My Girlfriend and I have just come back from our short getaway to Poole. And stayed at the Shah of Persia. After a long day of touring we were a little weary of the place we booked 'Shah of Persia' but we need not have worried, because this is by far the best accommodation I have stayed in in England so far, for the best price!, we were pleasantly surprised at the five star room we booked, the bathroom was top notch and the bedroom had character plus a good TV. There was hardly any noise outside, and even if there was to be, they gave us ear plugs, (nice gesture). The bar was good, had a great selection of drinks, with good food deals on buy one get one free, plus an additional 20% off on the other food and drinks we brought, you cant go wrong!

Overall a great stay, friendly staff whom are very accommodating, five star room at 3 star prices. And a bonus of having a pub in the same building, you dont have have to move!

Just an Excellent stay, we will be coming back for defo.

Nick

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Valued Guest,

Many Thanks for your recent review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed two nights with partner and daughter. Impressed with staff attitude and manners. V positive. Spoke to my daughter with great respect. Food really was outstanding. The breakfast served by the lady who went out of the way to please us and the clients around her was fantastic. I have stayed at many hotels and the food service here was outstanding. Evening meals were 20% off for residents. We tried it once and then went back the next evening as the specials board and menu was pure quality. A pleasure to eat. Great atmosphere. Decently priced drinks. Couldn't ask for more. We stayed here en route to grandma in taunton so now staying at travel lodge in taunton. Sadly lacking compared to the shah. Still will be eating at the marstons skylark with family tonight. See how it measures. Visit the shah when next in Poole. Worthy of a visit.

• Stayed: April 2013
MarkLeech, Manager at Shah of Persia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Valued Guest,

Thanks for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments these have been passed onto the relevant team members. Hope you enjoy The Skylark!

We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

My partner and I came here to watch the speedway so the hotel was in a great location for us. First impression were good, we had room 2, it was cold but the window was open. We went into town and on our return the room was still cold, the radiator did not work, the electric heater that was on the floor had a sticker on it saying do not use, test failure. We went and spoke to a member if staff who without hesitation gave us another room. Our new room, nb 3, was massive and so much warmer. But again I noticed a do not use, test failure sticker this time on the hair drier. As my partner is an electrician he wasn't impressed. On the other hand the room was good, the bed was comfy and we slept well. The bathroom was ok, although we found other people's hairs in the bath!! Breakfast was not bad. As we checked out we mentioned the electrical issues and we had a good night, the staff are nice and polite. We will definitely stay again, thank you :-)

• Stayed: March 2013

Valued Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your comments these are always valuable and can then be actioned.

We hope you stay with us again in the future.