“Sunday Roast No Shahnkyou” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shah of Persia Hotel

Shah of Persia Hotel
Ranked #47 of 52 Poole B&B and Inns
BOURNEMOUTH
“Sunday Roast No Shahnkyou”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had made a booking for a Sunday Roast for a table for two the evening before for 12-45pm to 1pm. On arrival we were told that the table we had reserved had been given to another couple. We were shown to another table and went up to the bar and ordered our roast pork meal. When it arrived I don't think the dear old Shah of Persia would of eaten it yet alone his camel. The Yorkshire Pudding looked like it had been sat on, the roast potatoes looked anaemic, the gravy you could of read the Sunday paper though it and as for the pork we would of been better of eating The Shah's camel. We were going to order a sweet but decided otherwise. Sorry Shah of Persia we will leave you to rest in peace.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TourManagerJeff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed on 8th February for my birthday staff couldn't have been more helpful especially Rhys top bloke room cosy bed comfy had best burger in ages and delectable dessert still got brekkie to come but sure it wont disappoint would def recommend.

• Stayed February 2014
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 9:55pm and was told to wait by the till to be checked in. 7 minutes later the same person came to the till. I requested food and I was told the kitchen closed at 10pm!! I explained I been stood waiting, as she knew, and that I have had a bad journey delayed on the motorway, could they do me anything? but I was told all they could offer was crisps!! A bad start. I went to my room and the horror started. The bathroom was filthy, the shower would not turn off and the bed sheets were stained. I complained in the bar and was told the manager was conducting the 'pub quiz' and would see me after. He did not see me, he disappeared. I gritted my teeth and went to bed. My advice- stay away there are better places in Poole

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pjhelec

Travellers are raving about these Poole hotels

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Well on arrival we were disappointed as it desperately needs attention on the outside. We were greeted by a very nice lady. We had a nice (small) clean and warm room. We had lovely breakfast and had very nice evening meals. They were short staffed but you would never have known. Staff all very friendly and chatty. Like I say could do with a bit of attention but we had a very nice two days and would return .

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Swanage, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I had the gammon with cheese it looked lovely but half way through it was just white and pink fat! My partner had steak with supposed king prawns, they were the tiniest prawns I have ever seen and there was only two of them he asked for raw tomato it was cooked, he asked for chips he got salad.
My daughter had chicken which was dry hard and extremely tough. The waiter was quite rude.
We had four cokes the syrup had gone- we sent them back only to be replaced with four exactly they same!
We will not be coming back unless you seriously buck your ideas up sorry! Fill bad putting such a bad review but we used to love this place, not anymore!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Hayley317
Poole, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant for Sunday lunch with the family. Food was very good for the price, had the turkey lunch with chocolate pudding for dessert. However, service very poor. Staff gave the impression of not caring, and being allowed to get away with it by the management. Waited 30 minutes between courses, had to prompt staff to serve us, wrong drinks order and lacking cutlery when dessert eventually arrived. You get what you pay for in the Shah of Persia, shame service wasn't as good as the food.

Stayed October 2013
LEEDS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

It was a stay for two adults and one child of 9. The greeting was acceptable and the room was fantastic. Very spacious, but they had not put up a 3rd bed for daughter. The room was very comfortable and we heard no noise from the bar. However, it is on a crossroads which means some noise from vehicles during the night. The breakfast was acceptable, but the service was very poor. Asking for white toast, they gave us wholemeal toast, no orange juice was available and the server really could not be bothered. Having read other reviews I was unsure about our booking but it was good value for money and the young man who handled the checking out was fantastic. Take a risk, it really is not as bad as some reviews have made it out to be, but remember it is a pub with rooms, not a hotel with a bar

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family