“Ideal locaton for business & family trips”

Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here on a business trip but as the location is only a 5minute cab ride (or walkable) from the hotel it is an ideal, value location for Poole town centre and the Quayside.

The reception staff were really friendly and even rang up to my room to mae sure everything was ok, a great personal touch.

Th room was comfortable, overlooking the bay and even though there is a dual carriage way outside the noise was minimal.

Breakfast was good, and everything is freshly cooked to order.

Would recommend this hotel and will deinately be back myself in the ner future with the family.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here for one night last week. Staff were very polite and friendly. The bedroom/bathroom/bedding were SPOTLESSLY CLEAN. We had the £22 meal deal special which was excellent value for money and was taken in the 'Table Table' restaurant next door (literally 10 paces from the main entrance of the hotel entrance - breakfast is also held here). Not a brilliant choice for the evening meal but more than sufficient for the price charged - choice of 4 or 5 starters/mains/desserts with a soft drink or glass of wine or pint of lager/beer and an eat as much as you want breakfast. We thought it would be a token evening meal and that we would have to eat later on - WRONG - Premier Inn really have got this meal deal thing sussed out - far better value than a burger which would have cost the same and we didnt have to eat at all again that evening! The portions were very generous, well plated and well cooked. Staff at the Table Table were courteous and the service was prompt. The hotel is situated on a very busy dual carriageway leadng into the town centre - our room was on the ground floor facing the dual carriageway and we didn't hear a thing. We usually stay at Premier Inn Poole North, Cabot Lane but as this hotel was cheaper on this occassion and so we decided to give it one a go. We were not disappointed. We have family in the area and would certainly use this hotel again without a seconds hesitation.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I recently stayed the night in this premier inn and I have to say it one of the best I've been in. Noise levels low, rooms lovely and clean and bed great. Good nights sleep was needed and I got it. I ate in the pub attached and the food was perfect and service brilliant. Would strongly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Booked in advance and paid £39 for a family room.
Reason for staying - attending a friend's wedding in Poole. Wedding was at 1pm and an early check in was not a problem!
Reception staff very friendly, family room was on the front of the hotel, the noise level was ok for this time of year as we didn't need the window open, beds very comfortable and plently of room in the room.
Had premier breakfast the following morning which was excellent - cooked to order not buffet service and all you could eat for £8.25 with kids being free.
Would definitely use again and would definitely book in advance again to get lower price.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

The staff at the Premier Inn Holes Bay are very friendly and helpful, though I was a bit miffed when the lady on reception told me to shut the curtains when I said the room was cold.

The breakfast was good, and plentiful, and the staff in the restaurant went out of their way to make me and my kids welcome.

We stayed in a family room, which was quite big enough for me and my two kids, and good value for money. But there were some niggles.

First. The room had one double and two single beds. It was clearly a family room, and sold to me as such. And Premier Inn class under 16s as children. So why was the second single bed smaller than the first, and as hard as a board? I have slept on sofa beds that were far more comfortable. In the end my nine-year old opted to bunk in with me. But what if there had been four of us?

Second. There was one hanging rail with a few hangers, and a single drawer. I know we only stayed for two nights, but this is the same as I would expect in a single or a double room. As there are no hooks in the room we used half of the hangers for our coats. What about the other clothes? Hangers are cheap, and there was room for far more of them on the rail. What about the kids' clothes? And would it hurt to provide another drawer or two in family rooms? Kids like to have a drawer each. Not really a lot to ask from a big organisation like Premier Inns

Third. The room was cold. There was a wall-mounted electric convector heater, and a thermostatic controller outside the bathroom door. This would have been enough but for the draught that was whistling through the window frame and under the room door, and the fact that the temperature switched to 18 degrees after some period that I couldn't determine. We were allowed to override this setting, but we had to wait for the room to warm up (which took some time). Why no timer? Thermostats with timers are easy to come by. Or a fan to boost the effectiveness of the heater when we turned it up.

So, full marks to the people who work at the Premier Inn Holes Bay and in its Table Table restaurant. I'd happily stay there again, but perhaps not in the winter!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel seems set up for basic stays(no frills) and it has achieved this.Very clean and quiet.Perfect for short stays and short family breaks.Local sites accessable on foot(poole harbour).We took our bikes and found local cycle routes.Whole family happy with stay.

Room Tip: try to use rooms to front of hotel(and reserve if possible a parking space there).This saves a bit o...