“There's nothing Premier about this place”

Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Old, tired, lacking in charm and charisma? You get it all in this place and it's not even a bargain price. I paid £78.00 to stay here! The only good thing is its convenient location if you're travelling through and the breakfast in table table next door.

Personally I would only stay here again as a last resort.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had a bad expereince in that the twin-bedded room I had booked turned out to be a double room with a single bed added: 1 chair only; no bedside table; no bedside light but after I complained about this fact, the staff rectified the situation to my satisfaction. BUT I was not offered any sort of compensation for my stress.

1  Thank Una B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 1 night, check in was ok, room was ok. But it was rather noisy when a lorry was parked up behind the hotel from about 5am with the engine running, which ruined any chance of me getting a lay-in. Apart from that the room was comfortable, it got a little bit cold but all in all was ok. Didn't have breakfast at the hotel as find the Premier Inn Breakfast is just too expensive nowadays. Nearly £20 for 2 people.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Overall my stay was good except for the noise and soundproofing of the building....stayed in the new part, room 49 and it was all good, apart from getting in and out of the building, doors were hard to open on my own in a power chair and also the noise from the above room....kept me awake on the first night....did get a refund tho, the second night were new poeple and although could hear them, they were much quieter generally oh and i bought some ear plugs, which helped enormously.... I have to say tho the room was lovely, staff and food in the restaurant was great....and the service....Had already prebooked for a short break in November, so, will see what its like then as to wether i go there again.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We needed a hotel to attend an anniversary in the centre of Poole, from arrival to checking out all the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was good value for money and the bed was very comfy. We'd read the rooms were very noisy because it's next to a main road but we didn't experience much traffic noise whatsoever.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Went out early in the car to take in a few local sites & returned just before 07.00hrs for breakfast. Sat in car listening to Anneka Rice. At 07.00 hrs on the radio I joined the queue at the door. At 07.05 the doors still closed & a customer near the front marched off to reception in the hotel. At 07.10 hrs the doors opened & Diane apologised to everyone in the queue stating the clock inside only just turned 07.00hrs. The customer near the front gave her a torrent of abuse as I entered & she continued to apologise. Even though Its unpleasant to witness this I still thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast. I had the full menu explained to me & I accepted the offer of porridge which was lovely. All the cooked food was piping hot including the plates, just how they should be! Assorted teas & coffee & juices make this as much as you can eat menu a great start to any holiday. Even with the minority rude customer I'll still be back soon!

Room Tip: Book early to make sure you get one, a popular location!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael4444Harvey
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This an expensive area but the Premier Inn rates are very fair. The rooms are adequate but the Table/Table restaurant excels. The all-in price for dinner and breakfast is a must for people with a healthy appetite. One critique says that the breakfast is expensive but we also tried the "light" breakfast and that too was very good. We will probably have to go again next year to that area and there is no doubt where we will be booking. Thank you (again) Premier Inn.

Room Tip: We booked a room at the back to ensure that we were away from the main road traffic. Unfortunately...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple