“Great base for central Poole”

Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Easy to find and plenty of parking, even with the hotel fully booked. Usual PI fare, our ground floor room was clean & well maintained. Firm bed but we slept well enough during our 2 night stay. Bath towels were replaced without hesitation. Not a power shower but it worked & free shower gel is supplied. Staff were friendly, and the receptionist was helpful when asked for directions. The room is fairly well sound-proofed, so even though ours faced the carpark and the main road we hardly heard the traffic outside.

We ate at the tabletable next door on the Friday night to save us heading straight into town as soon as we arrived to search for somewhere to eat. Prices are very reasonable and there's enough on the plate. Our food was ok, probably fairly standard for this particular restaurant, but the service was really poor so we wouldn't recommend it.

It's a nice walk from the hotel to the Quay, where there's lots going on, even at this time of year. There are lots of restaurants all along the Quay and High Street. We had pre-booked for the Saturday night to ensure a table, but actually there were so many places to eat you'd probably find somewhere if you hadn't booked, even in high season.

In short, this hotel is well-placed for Poole town and Quay, and is a good place to base yourself if you're in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Poole_Premier_Inn, Manager at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear richandliz28,

Thank you for your very kind comments in relation to your recent stay with us, they are very much appreciated.

I was glad to read your positive comments about the team and also room that you stayed in. Our location just outside the town centre means we are able to offer free parking but also we are still within walking distance all shops, restaurants and amenities.

Many thanks

mark.perkins@whitbread.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Loved staying here, they have a policy if you don't get a good sleep you will get a refund. Even though our room was near the road there was no road noise, beds really comfy and staff friendly.we asked to move rooms so we could be on the first floor with a sea view, and the staff where really helpful and changed our room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear monkey2009Cheshire,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us about your recent stay at Poole Centre Premier Inn. We do indeed have a good night guarantee policy behind every guests stay, as we're very confident in the product and service we offer. I was very happy to read you were impressed with both the team and the hotel.

I hope we can see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very friendly staff, room clean (if a little basic) including very clean bathroom. Attached pub (as with most Premier Inns) was fine and also very friendly staff. Heating control didn't let me cool the room but otherwise a good choice hotel for the areas.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jason S,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the hotel. I glad you enjoyed your stay and found the room to clean and to a good standard. I do apologise for any problems caused with the issue with your heating, we are currently reviewing the temperature controls for all our bedrooms.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night prior to running a conference. Hotel carpark is easily accessible and appears well lit. Reception very friendly and efficient. Room slightly musty on arrival but that went after 5 minutes of the extractor fan on. Room is basic but very comfortable with a choice of pillows. Good bath and shower facilties and soap dispenser. TV has the usual channels. Dinner at Table Table was to my expectations but service was better. Breakfast is the best part of Premier inn and although I only had a continental version the croissants were hot and crisp.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear DavidPlymouth,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read such positive comments on the team, hotel and service levels received.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Everything about our stay was good except the noise from the room above us (thumping of footsteps several times throughout the night). However, the hotel staff were very good about this offered to refund the price we had paid for the room. The hotel was very clean & the staff were very friendly & helpful. The beds were very comfortable too. We also had the breakfast which was good value for money as there was so much choice and you can have as much or as little as you would like. We ordered cooked food but could also have whatever we fancied from the selection of croissants, toast, crumpets, fresh yoghurt & fruits etc.. I would definitely recommend this hotel but I would recommend that you request an upstairs room to avoid being affected by noise from rooms above you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Elizabeth W,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed a pleasant stay and team were receptive to your needs. My apologies for the noise disturbance above you during your time with us. We do our best to manage noise levels wherever possible within the hotel, but occasionally guests can be unaware of the noise they are making.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Never stayed at a Premier Inn before but will definitely stay in one again!
Huge room, great firm bed and fantastic shower!
Lovely and clean. Every member of staff was so friendly - reception helped me with my luggage and then called me after i had been in the room For 15 minutes or so just to check all was well! It was!
Ate in the restaurant in the pub for evening meal one night and for breakfast both mornings.
Didn't really see much of Poole as we were there for a wedding but we had a nice view of the bay from the room.
Yes, would recommend this hotel and I hope that all Premier Inns are as good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Poole_Premier_Inn, Manager at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear kimc113,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I am glad that your first stay in a Premier Inn went so well. We do our best to provide a consistent service level in every hotel, so I am pretty confident that future visits will be just as good.

I was especially pleased to read such positive comments on the team at the hotel, everyone works extremely hard to make sure all guest's have a hassle free and pleasant stay.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Polite, helpful and friendly staff. At the Table Table we had a wonderful breakfast, the choice was either a full english or a continental, the full English meant you could have as much of everything as you want. A really comfortable room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Poole_Premier_Inn, Manager at Premier Inn Poole Centre (Holes Bay) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear awells1314,

Thank you for taking the time to time to feedback about your recent stay. I was pleased to read such positive comments about the breakfast and also your room. I will pass on such nice comments to our restaurant partners in The Holes Bay. I also hope you enjoyed your time in Poole and the surrounding area.