“A very enjoyable stay, but be careful in hot weather”

Premier Inn Poole North Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reading
“A very enjoyable stay, but be careful in hot weather”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night stay and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very helpful and courteous, even the chamber maids were saying good morning and going to open doors for us. The room was very comfortable with a very large bed, and the childs bed was already set up when we arrived (along with a duck they had hidden for our five year old daugther to find, which she could exchange for a bag of Haribo at reception) The car park was large and we never had any problems parking. The breakfast was very nice and service was very quick.

The only concerns we have are over the temperature of the rooms, which don't have air conditioning. When we arrived it was a reasonably cool summers day, but the room was surprisingly warm. We didn't have any problems sleeping but had it been a hot day I can imagine that the room would be quite uncomfortable. If you're staying mid summer then you may wish to bear this in mind. The hotel seems to be aware of the problem as the curtains were drawn when we arrived and there were a number of fans running in the room. Bizarrely the stair well did have air conditioning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have stayed at countless Premier Inns over the past few years and I have had mostly good things to say about them all, but I would like to recommend my stay at Poole North last week because of one prominent factor. It was excellent because the staff at this establishment were by far the best I have ever come across. Their politeness and attention to detail far surpassed anything I have seen in any hotel so far; and I have stayed in many around the world. They are the jewel in Premier Inn's crown and should be recognised accordingly. One point that really impressed me was the security afforded to my wife whilst she was staying alone there on the 2nd night. Asking her to write down her room number whilst ordering some food so as not to alert anyone that she was a single female staying alone was first class. Premier Inn have secured my custom for years to come and this is mostly down to my encounter with the excellent staff at Premier Inn Poole North.

Room Tip: All the rooms were equally of a high standard.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed for a long weekend which included our 2 kids and really enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. The location of the hotel was good. The parking was more than adequate. The road next to the hotel was a little noisy but ok if you can keep the window closed. Breakfast was very good. Staff were helpful and fairly friendly. The bar area was good. The food served in the restaurant was ok.

Room Tip: make sure you can operate the temperature settings in the room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank markboot
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed here on our way down to Weymouth overnight to break up a long journey. Found the staff very helpful and accommodating. Check in was busy but efficiently dealt with and the service was good.
The room was basic and a bit hot but he temperature control proved very useful and the room had several fans so that could be dealt with. i found that everything I needed for my overnight stay was provided and the facilities were clean and well managed.
The breakfast was very good and as a family of 4 with the deal we ending up paying only for myself and my husband meaning we got four full breakfasts for the price of 2.
The only criticism I have is that the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and even with a satnav it was difficult to find. I found that the directions provided were useful but perhaps could have been a bit clearer. However the location was good as it was less noisy than in the town and that proved to be good for a stop over with children.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Fantastic staff, I have stayed at most of the primier inns in the uk, ( when working away from home), I always stay at premier inns as you know what you get,
I am reviewing this hotel because the staff here went above and beyond what you get at the others premier inns, 10/10 for service,
The rooms are up to the usual high standard, and very clean,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

It was busy on arrival but checkin was dealt with promptly by smiling and attentive staff. Food in restaurant excellent. Stayed weekend Olympic sailing taking place at Weymouth so very busy. Great buzzy atmosphere but not manic.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last Thursday as a stop over to SW camping trip

Place was very busy due to Olympic sailing / summer hols

Service was good, welcome was warm, room was basic and very hot - but they'd put lots of fans in the room

All you can eat breakfast was good

The only let down for me was the evening meal which was typical pub chain, a little bland and cremated

Probably worth pointing out, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere but fine for a stopover with kids

• Stayed July 2012