“Very friendly staff, excellent stay”

Premier Inn Poole North Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poole
England
“Very friendly staff, excellent stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here after doing a gig in Swanage, and only arrived quite late but the staff were very accommodating and friendly upon check in. The room was just what you expect from a Premier Inn and I had a great nights sleep as always. I didn't have breakfast, but upon check out, I realised that I didn't have a booking for my next destination and the staff upon the check in counter went out of their way to help me book in to another hotel in South Wales which was so kind and helpful of them and saved me a LOT of stress ! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

This Premier Inn is like any other, comfy rooms, clean, good service, and great food. What gives each hotel it's identity is the location, and this one hasn't got it. The hotel is based on the outside of Poole in a business park with bins and high wire fencing, (something that they chose to avoid in the pictures). To be honest this really isn't an issue if you arrive at dusk and leave at dawn the next morning, but it's not the place you would stay for a week. On a positive note, the inside of the hotel would make you believe you were somewhere totally different and you forget soon enough about what's outside. All the staff were great while I was here and even with the location, I really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Our party consisted of 2 adults and 2 children; the room was adequate for an overnight stay and the room was very clean, although very hot. Unfortunately, for us, breakfast is only available from 6:30am, as we had to be at the port for that time we left hungry! It's location is ideal for the port as it is only 10 minutes away, maximum, by car and easily found.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Most of the staff here were excellent - polite and friendly. Our main issue was that the floorboards in the room above ours creaked terribly. This meant that when the person in the room above got out of bed at about 2am, the creaking was so bad we were woken up, and then again at 6am when they got up. Not what you want when you're away for a few days break!

The lady at reception was really good and immediately confirmed we could have a refund under their good night guarantee. She also agreed to move us to another room as we were due to stay another night.

However later on when I went back to reception and spoke to a different person to get the key to the new room, he suggested they couldn't do anything about the creaky floorboards as it was an 11 year old hotel and it would cost too much money to fix it in a hotel with that many rooms. He also said they had moved us to a part of the hotel which didn't have the creaky floorboard issue. The way he was talking suggests they've had complaints before about the creaking floorboards and were well aware of the problem. The ground floor room we were moved to was fine and had no issues.

We've never had this problem at other Premier Inns regardless of how old the hotel is, so I would be reluctant to stay here again unless I could specify a room to stay in, which of course you can't if booking online to get the best rates.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are apparently quieter so shouldn't creak.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank C C
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I'll make this short and sweet. My family and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend as a short break. The "family room" was a standard room with 2 single beds squeezed in at either side. There was no room to get out of the bed on the side and during the night if anybody moved we all knew about it. The temperature of the room was so hot I have been in cooler saunas. The temperature could not be adjusted as per the instructions, so we had to open the windows and listen to the traffic all night.

I have complained with no reply, so it looks like the money back guarantee is a con so far.

I have to say on another note the staff were incredibly nice apart from at checkout when we were ushered out as quickly as possible.

Room Tip: Check your room size before booking.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Poole North Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep,and we guarantee this. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by both our Customer Services Team and the Management team at this hotel.

Once again thank you for your review.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My self and my wife stayed here in early August the cost £230 for two nights B & B was too much for a budget hotel on an industrail estate, the room was very hot with no aircon or effective ways of controlling the temperature, there were three fans in teh room so i obviously wasnt teh first guest to experience the problem. The staff were polite and friendly but couldnt do anything, the widows are 'tied' so you cant even open them wide to get fresh air. My advice find a better hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Poole North Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this.

Once again thank you for your review.
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Great staff. A very simple and effective process for booking and check in. The hotel has a bit of a challenge with its climate control, but the staff managed a room change very well and couldn't do enough for us.