“Friendly staff, building needs attention.”

Premier Inn Poole North Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Poole
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Have stayed here a couple of times now. The staff are excellent but there is a couple of things that let Premier Inn down. The windows in the room don't seem to fit and the small wall mouted heater just cant cope with the cold wind blowing through the gaps.

Although wifi is available at cost once the initial 30 free minutes have lapsed, the quality is very poor. Connectivity to the nearest AP is good but the download speed is similar to that expected 10 years ago. With an average speed of only 1.5 Mbps which isn't sufficient to stream from the likes of iplayer or skygo.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I was very underwhelmed by the outward appearance of this hotel and its location. It is basically a large grey rectangular cube placed within the grey surroundings of a dull industrial estate. However, once through the threshold the hotel quickly becomes what you expect from the average Premier Inn plus a little bit more. The resturant and lobby are smart and convivial and the two lifts covey you quickly to the upper floors. The rooms are larger than average and very clean. The bathrooms are also larger and cleaner than average. And the staff (on my visit) were very welcoming and efficient. The hotel also has its own car park which is a real benefit in Poole/Bournemouth. If it could be moved to a nicer area it would be very good indeed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed here for a weekend break. Asked to be moved from our room because of the severity of the draught coming through the windows, and the fact that the tiny wall heater was inadequate in raising the room temp. The badly fitting windows also made traffic noise loud from a nearby road junction. We stayed on a cold, very windy weekend. The staff were very obliging and moved us to another room with the minimum of fuss. That room was much better.

We ate in the restaurant every morning and night - the food was ok. Service was good.

The hotel was very busy. The staff were pleasant and helpful - particularly the Duty Manager called Kieron who was faultless in his courtesy and care towards his guests.

I'm going back again this month, as nothing put me off staying here again - if something isn't quite to your liking, just say and they'll sort it straight away.

Room Tip: Check windows for draught and ask them to explain the heating control - as you could find yourself w...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This was a very comfortable budget hotel which scores better than many of the competitors in the same category. I stayed here alone as a place to stay before the morning ferry to Jersey the following day.

The staff were friendly and kind and I felt quite safe as a solo woman guest. My room was very comfortable and I especially liked having a choice of soft or firm pillows. The bathroom was well equipped although lacking in toiletries. The food was better than average for this type of hotel .

When I arrived I was asked to book and prepay for my room, then breakfast, which I accepted and then dinner which I declined as I had not decided to eat in the hotel at that stage. I felt some mild pressure to book the evening meal which was clearly company policy. When I did decide to go down to eat I was shown a very confusing range of 'meal deals' which I avoided and was pleased I had done when I heard a man on the next table to mine have to talk to 3 separate members of staff to get the correct bill. This needs sorting out.

My other group policy quibble is with the 'free wi-fi' - in fact it is only free for half an hour and then there is a charge. I decided to pay for access for the whole of my visit but could not enable it on either my iPhone or computer. Worse, when I left both devices would not respond to other wi-fi until I had completely rebooted them. I admit I did not ask for any help and it may be the problem would have been resolved if I had done so.

One last minor gripe - My Garmin Satnav tried to take me to a building on the nearby industrial estate on the opposite side of a large crossroads from the hotel. I informed the desk clerk who cheerfully told me I wasn't the first person to remark on this. Maybe the management would like to contact the SatNav companies to ensure their customers can find the place!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Pros: Close to ferry terminal (10 minutes) Decent size room and bathroom with good power shower. Very comfortable bed. Good value. Friendly and helpful reception staff. Large carpark but not as easy to locate as the other Premier Inn which conversely is more expensive.

Cons: On an industrial estate with noisy roads nearby. They warn you about this but it was still noisy even on a Sunday night. Basic dining facilities. Only 2 sachets of coffee/tea in rooms.Breakfast at £8.25 not good value.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are bound to be noisy but if booked in advance very good value esp: if travelling...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Rooms as you'd expect but the "restaurant and bar" functional and a scrap for seats. 2 hour wait for food i you wanted it on Monday. if in Poole, use the other Premier Inn - much better located and good size food and bar. asked staff which way to head for Wareham - reception tea didn't know, basic knowledge

Room Tip: Try elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

every single aspect of this hotel was superb from chexk in to check out food was excellent the staff couldnt do enough is was clean comfortable and warm parking was not a problem with more than enough for the amount of guests absolutely 1st class

• Stayed: October 2012