“Good value and great food”
Review of Loch Fyne Poole

Loch Fyne Poole
Ranked #11 of 48 Poole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Stayed one night on business the room was clean and bed comfy breakfast was very good restaraunt is a loch fyne which provides lots of good fish dishes
They forgot to put towels in my room which was a bit frustrating as there is no internal phone system
Not much else to say but you have to leave 200 words on the review so more and more words till I reach 200

Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 23 October 2012

The bedrooms are a bit small but ok as we were only staying for 2 nights. The restaurant downstairs noise does filter up. It is a very busy restaurant and popular for seafood. Having said that, I'd go if I was nearby just for breakfast. This isn't somewhere that you buffet yourself to a greasy pile up so expect to wait for your choice to be prepared for you. The seafood theme runs throughout. I chose smoked salmon with poached eggs in hollondaise sauce on a bagel. It was perfect, I asked for my eggs to be done well and that is exactly what I got. Oh and I rate a place on their coffee - and this was excellent. Unfortunately we had an early ferry on the second day and I missed the breakfast, but I would call in just to use the restaurant for breakfast. By the way, this hotel would not suit a wheelchair user.

Room Tip: One room is bigger than all the others. It's on the third floor - ask for this.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 944claire
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Arrived late evening and didn't realise hotel entrance is shared with restaurant- staff came out and asked if we were OK and checked us in & found us a table in the restaurant.

Rooms aren't large but adequate with enough space to walk round the bed, use the OK shower room etc. Good selection of teas and coffees although a bit of a faff to find somewhere safe to plug the kettle in.

Beakfast was excellent, all freshly cooked and delicious. Staff all very friendly and helpful.

If you're looking for a room to lounge around in then this isn't for you but if its simply somewhere comfortable and welcoming to lay your head then this is fine (especially at the off season reduced rate which included breakfast).

Room Tip: the further down the corrider the better away from the loos also on the same floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SDR R
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Nothing to add to the current reviews. The food is excellent and we found the staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast menu is delightful and the food is freshly prepared. We also had lunch with family and it was a delight - quite expensive but value for for money.

Room Tip: Book a room at the back - the main road can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rod B
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in August. Overall we had a very pleasant stay. The room we had was small for a double but was well presented and room servicing was fine. “New England” style décor very effective. The in- house Loch Fyne restaurant was superb although I would say that the hotel staff didn’t go out of their way to get us a table. (We had to eat elsewhere on the second evening). Staff need to warn guests to book early to avoid disappointment. The upstairs corridor was noisy with banging doors, due to their design, but this would not have been a problem if some guests were more considerate. We left very early to catch a ferry and, true to his word, one young member of staff provided us with a simple but welcome “breakfast on the go” before we checked out.

Room Tip: Rooms facing back of hotel probably have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aaandykov
Reviewed 29 July 2012

we have just returned from a very enjoyable stay at the Milsoms Hotel, It is a restaurant with rooms above ,nothing more nothing less.The room is small but adequate.However you do not want for anything.Lovely toiletries,delicious biscuits,complimentary bottled water and a really wonderful breakfast.The staff were all friendly and helpful .Thank You

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hilde503
Reviewed 16 July 2012

On arrival there was no spaces in the car park, I understood from the hotel description that parking was available, “Car parking available on-site “ . I asked at reception if there was a car park for guests and was told that there was no other car park and I would have to street park . The road outside had double yellow lines but opposite there was a residential estate and we had to park some five minutes walk away from the hotel and it was raining, I felt uneasy about leaving my car so far from the hotel. The hotel is above Loch Fine restaurant and the car park is used by the customers there.

Room was tired looking with old shabby furniture with a musty smell, shower room small and dirty.
Poor lighting .

I thought the breakfast was going to be good but, tomatoes loop warm, no sauces one tea bag in large pot so super weak. Only one slice of toast each with cooked breakfast. Jams available but no croissants bread or toast.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple