Loch Fyne Poole
  • Breakfast included
New Westcliff Hotel(Bournemouth)
West Cliff Inn(Bournemouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsmusselscanford cliffschef dantwice cooked chipstreacle tartdisabled toiletkipperslemon solebirthday mealsmall roomfull englishbetween coursessandbanks ferrybed was comfortablefish restaurantexcellent breakfastan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I have stayed here on many occasions now and always recommend this hotel to my colleagues, friends and family.
Its a small hotel with 8 boutique style rooms, very clean and modern with wifi access. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms and if you need anything else the staff are always willing to go out of there way to accommodate you! The atmosphere is very professional however has a 'home from home' feel.
The location is great for leisure or business as it is only 5 minutes away from Sandbanks, and 10 minutes from Bournemouth and Poole which suits me perfectly for business.
The rooms are above the Loch Fyne Restaurant ( for seafood lovers its a must!) and the food and service in the restaurant are again unsurpassable.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Stayed here before but this time asked for different room as previous room was too hot. This meant us staying in a much smaller room but I was able to accept that. On the positive note the room had nice white bed linen and a good choice of beverages - fruit teas/coffee/Twinings English breakfast tea/hot chocolate/bottled water (but dissapointingly no Earl Grey) to make yourself. The shower room was well lit and had a good shower. Bad points - no mirror near to power socket so couldn't see in a mirror when drying my hair, not been cleaned properly i.e. in both bedside drawers there were remnents from previous occupants eg shop receipt and toilet brush was FILTHY - they need to replace on regular basis and bleach. Car parking is no problem but on our arrival about 3.15pm I noticed there were 2 tied plastic bags full of rubbish in the car park that looked like they had been dumped by someone who couldn't find a bin. The same 2 bags were still there the next morning at 9.30am. Someone should be checking the car park for rubbish regularly. Plus when we left, someone had been sick in the car park (assume from night before) and again I think someone from the hotel should be out early checking for these type of disgusting things. Loch Fyne restaurant is great and service was very good both from waiters and hotel staff. Warmly greeted on arrival, asked if I needed help with bags and shown to room. You won't find accommodation this cheap elsewhere in Sandbanks so it's worth putting up with the niggles - but only for the one night.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2009

The Milsoms website made this hotel look beautiful so I was really looking forward to my stay, what a let down it was! The room was shabby with black fluff all over the carpet which clearly hadn't been hoovered before our arrival, and I wasn't convinced that the sheets were fresh on the bed. The noise from the restaurant downstairs was bearable most of the time until they held a Jazz evening which went on until almost twelve, they might as well have been playing in the bedroom. This was an evening that was obviously planned so why weren't we warned when we booked? All in all I was very disappointed and this has definitely put us off booking at the hotel in Kenilworth. I also overheard an elderly couple complaining about the state of their room so this must be general to the hotel and not just the room we were given. Also take your own loo roll as there was no room service, only someone knocking on the door with a towel change.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I was rather concerned having read some poor reviews before we went but I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room. I don't know how the previous person can say the bathroom for the top floor room needed attention - there was only one tiny part on the window sill where the paint had flaked off. Otherwise it was roomy, had a window, Moulton Brown samples, white suite, clean shower. I also cannot agree that the net curtains needed cleaning - perhaps the hotel had cleaned them after reading the last review. It is nicely decorated with clean white bed linen. Yes there are scuff marks on the walls - but very few and far between. One problem if you are a lady - there is no mirror on the dressing table and you have to do your make up in the bathroom. However, I must agree that the room was VERY hot. This is obviously because it is really the loft of the building and you know how hot your loft gets in summer - like a sauna. There was a large free standing fan in the room but this couldn't be put on because of the noise. Another downfall is the constant banging of doors. It is not as other reviewers thought other guests but I worked it out that it is the ladies/gents toilet door for the restaurant banging which is on the same floor as most of the bedrooms and underneath our room. This really gets on your nerves! On arrival we were shown to our room and asked if we wanted help with our luggage which I liked and the staff were very helpful and pleasant throughout. The evening meal was great and good value and the breakfast also. I liked the fact that in the bedroom there were a good variety of teas offered as well as hot chocolate and bottles of water. My son had a Z bed in the room and this was another problem. I was pleasantly surprised that there was still plenty of room but it squeaked terribly and seeing as it was so hot and he was constantly moving I ended up putting the mattress direct on the floor in the end. I would recommend it for one night but bring a hand held fan and ear plugs!

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 12 August 2008

I totally agree with 'Altivecman'. Our room was very hot and stuffy, we stayed on the top floor and the room was like an oven! Fortunately we had dreary weather therefore it made our room slightly cooler. I hate to think what it would be like in a heat wave! We had the windows opened so we constantly heard the traffic noise however the music from the restaurant wasn't a problem - it was the other guests, shouting & slamming doors. A notice should be displayed to guests informing them there are other people staying in the hotel too. The bathroom needed attention and we didn't have any hot water as the boiler was broken. The food was nice and the breakfast great, but the hotel needs updating badly. The net curtains were very dirty and the room certainly needs a coat of paint.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family