“Great British Pub”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great British Pub”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

At last a proper pub in Ashley Cross the minute you walk in to The Brit you feel at home. You can tell a lot by a venue by the people that frequent it and the Brit is no exception, the punters are friendly just like the staff.

The food is modern, good value and tasty, the portions are a good size and everyone in my family was happy with their choice.

If you like sports the screen is a sight to behold it's the largest I've seen and I felt like I had been signed by Man U!!

With comedy on a Thursday, sport on the weekends and carvery on a Sunday The Brit really does have something for everyone.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ahhhhhhh the new and improved Brit: at last a decent pub offering a huge variety of events”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have visited the Brit on numerous occasions now and always for something different! I started off coming to their Comedy night which runs every Thursday I believe and had the burger meal. No ordinary burger though! Homemade and delicious! Since then I have returned to try out the carvery which is proving to be massively popular. Great choice of meats and not a mushy vegetable in sight. And CHEAP!! I've also enjoyed a couple of their live music nights, the acts are always diverse and never 'ordinary'. For those that love their sports there is a huge 5.5 meter screen. For those that love their cocktails you won't go far wrong! All in all worth a few visits I'd say. Fabulous!!

• Visited April 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Best Carvery in the South!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Went to the Brit, first time ever this Sunday, had the carvery expecting something Similar to the Toby Carvery, well my gosh was totally amazed, the food was excellent- great value for Money, I had a standard size which was only £8, my partner had a large potion for an extra £2- which could have fed two! Would totally recommend the Brit, great pub atmosphere and friendly staff.
Best Sunday roast I have had in a long while!

• Visited April 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“"The Brit" Ashlley Cross.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Suggest '772kay" stays in "Bournemouth. We've been frequenting this establishment for longer than I care to remember, the only problems encountered being several liscencee's back. We've been eating here for several years with absolutely no faults. Our last visit was 4 April. The meal and service was very good. Entertainment in the "Sports Bar" was excellent. Personally I had no intention of staying out, but on hearing "Rock n Blues", changed my mind for me. Brilliant evening. Well done all. See you tomorrow. Try Sunday Roast. No point in roast in for two. Thanks Paul and the kitchen staff.

Visited April 2014
Well, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just had a fabulous Sunday Lunch with friends at this newly revamped pub in Ashley Cross, Poole. Great Carvery and supplementary menu. Good Service, Good Food and a really good atmosphere. This is definitely a happening place. There are comedy nights, burlesque evenings, and for sports fans the biggest TV I have ever seen!!!!

• Visited March 2014