“Great Place”
Review of Oriel Cafe Restaurant - CLOSED

Oriel Cafe Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: independant family restaurant on Poole quay with views of poole harbour. One of two restaurants (the other one is called Coffee Club Westbourne) All the staff work very hard to provide a good experience and hope that you enjoy your visit, and return to visit us again. We are committed to providing a good experience for the local people of Poole which is our main aim, and of course providing a good experience to Poole Quay for visitors, so that you will return.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Great food, nice views and very happy and helpful staff.
Ate there twice on a recent weekend stay in Poole and delighted on both occasions, couldn't fault it and would certainly go again.

3  Thank bluefoyle

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

This place is fantastic. It's worth going too just to watch and listen to the manager. He has such a good sence of humour and the food is pretty good as well.

3  Thank jovialbarman
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stopped here for an evening meal whilst walking along the quay.
Good choice, pleasant staff and lovely seafood pasta dish.
NICE.

5  Thank alextsUK
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was the first "cafe" we saw when we went to the Harbour and it does not look very impressive from the outside so we walked along the harbour to check the other options, something drew us back and we were not disappointed. Inside the place is as good as it gets and the food is fantastic, great choice and perfectly cooked. It's a bit expensive for a cafe but cheap for a restaurant. Service was friendly and efficient. I really wish that this place was closer to my home.

4  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I recently visited this restaurant and found the service pleasant and efficient. Unfortunately the food was not up to it's usual standard, 1 of my friends had a prawn and salmon dish but found the prawns hard, I had the bacon tagliatelle,the sauce was lovely but I'm sorry to say the bacon was very salty (cheap?) and diced into small pieces so not easy to pick out. sorry Oriel I have eaten here many times, I hope this is a 1 off

1  Thank 999happy