“Good dining, shame about the bar....”
Review of Patrick's

Patrick's
Ranked #36 of 363 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$6 - US$44
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
challenger08
“Good dining, shame about the bar....”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I ate here early in the evening midweek in March. The restaurant was quiet - I was the second person in, but was followed by two groups shortly afterwards.

I'm not sure Patrick's really know what it wants to be - I liked the restaurant style, service and food, but didn't like having to enter into and walk through the open bar and its collection of locals in order to reach it. The restaurant is pleasantly designed, modern, well lit, comfortable and to some extent the enjoyment is undermined by the slightly noisier bar area with its high ceilings and wooden floors.

Service was welcoming and generally good although I was disappointed to not having been offered the specials when I arrived. I only learned of these by overhearing the waitress on the next table and my food had already arrived.

The menu provided a comprehensive selection - lots that I was tempted by. I opted for beef short rib in BBQ as a main - brought to the table by the chef. It was wonderful. Huge. A must have.

I enjoyed my meal and will return but I think the experience would be improved by a better separation of bar and restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank challenger08

“Brilliant”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent Resturant, 18 people and every meal was perfect, staff very attentive for the duration, happily added us to the guest list so we could get back in later without queuing. Highly recommended

New Milton, United Kingdom
“Very Good Very Busy & Very Expensive !”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Well..... Shouldn't moan as you do get what you pay for !

Menu choice is spot on , do think everyone would find a meal they like !
Not over keen on the estate agent type clientele that seem to dominate this place (all I ams , speaking over each other basic BMW driver types)
Would be the perfect place if it was in a little village miles away as people would travel because it is just so well ran but the estate agents wouldn't find it !

Visited January 2014
sonyab34
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant a real gem! I have been to Patricks on several occasions and l am so impressed. I have brought various people and everyone was so impressed. Pat himself is a gentleman and the staff are very professional. I have yet to be disappointed and l have eaten all over the world and this restaurant is dorsets hidden gem .

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the owners of the B&B we were staying in, and they booked ahead for us. First impressions were of a busy and noisy sportsbar, but there is a very nice restaurant just beside the bar area. They had a good selection of pub classics (fish and chips, lasagne, burgers) and more restaurant style dishes (roasted pork belly, duck pate) and we mixed and matched from these items. Everything was prepared quickly despite there being several large groups ahead of us, and the quality and flavour were very high. Service was very good and attentive without being pushy.

The only thing preventing this from being Excellent rather than Very Good is that it didn't quite seem to know what it wanted to be - lively pub or quality restaurant - and the two didn't quite mix as a lot of the bar noise spilled over into the eating area.

Visited February 2014