“Great position and nice food.”

Sandbanks Beach cafe
Ranked #100 of 360 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Great position and nice food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is an area we visit often and normally drop in for a breakfast,coffee or lunch.This has too be a cafe with one of the best seaside positions in the country.Most of the year tables are available outside,which means you have lovely sea views,and on a clear day you can even see the Isle of Wight.
Have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful with good service. A nice choice of food is available,whether you want a hot meal or just a cup of tea and a cake.Please remember that this is a beachside cafe and not a restaurant,so don't expect restaurant quality meals.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CDMWareham

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“breakfast visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

great location and far superior service than another 'cafe on the shore', that we have tried. really big bacon butty was fantastic although a bit expensive in my opinion, and a pot of tea for one provided 3 cups !! if my wife and I are in the area again we would definitely consider eating here once more.

Visited October 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“The view is the best thing about this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Called in to the Sandbanks Beach Cafe at about 3.45 on a Monday afternoon. The place was pretty quiet and there were plenty of staff just standing around.
We queued up to order, but when we said we wanted to order food, we were told we had to order that at a different counter which meant that we then lost our place in the queue to order drinks and pay!!
The place shuts at 5 so I asked if food was still being served as all the hot counters were empty and the cooks were just standing around chatting in the kitchen. She said the kitchens were open until 4.30 and when she passed our order on to the kitchens, the look on the cooks face was priceless! it was a kind of "food, at this time of the afternoon?" look!!
At this point I was very tempted to just walk out as I didn't like the attitude of the staff but we were so hungry after a long journey, we decided to stay.
The food itself was OK, we ordered fish and chips, but I didn't like the way it was served - on a piece of fake newspaper on a plate. The paper got quite soggy and it started to rip which meant I could quite easily have eaten some!
The best thing about the place was the view looking out across the sea, that was lovely.
Although the food was nice we certainly wouldn't eat here again purely because of the attitude of the staff.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“simply dreadful - there are far better cafes in Sandbanks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Really disappointing visit to this cafe. Service was very slow; 40 minutes for a simple meal to arrive (although there seemed to be lots of staff present). When the cooked food did turn up it was very badly done and still cold in the middle. Returning the food simply ended up in yet another half hour wait. In the end we left without half the party eating. Not worth bothering with as there are far better places just a short walk away.

London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced with stroppy service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I ordered some food here, salad was nice, the cakes were very dry and stale and incredibly overpriced. The service was appalling, I asked a member of staff (female ) if I could please have a cloth to wipe the table and could someone please sweep the raisins off the floor (sending wasps into a frenzy!) Her response a curt 'you'll have to wait' . She was surly and moody and gave me my change by slapping it on top of my receipt on the counter, how charming!

1 Thank FlossieWood