“Very friendly owners asnd lovely, homely clean accomodation”
Review of Harewood Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Harewood Lodge
Ranked #14 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Just a one night stay over in Darlington for a family get together. I read other reviews on the internet about this place and decided to give it a try.
A lovely sunny afternoon when we arrived, friendly owners who carried our bags upstairs to our room (there was a stair lift also to the first floor) they helped us with directions and assistance to various places we needed to meet up with friends and even booked a taxi for us. Lovely clean and bright rooms all ensuite. Huge breakfast and good quality ingredients. Very reasonably priced too.

Most enjoyable stay, would book in here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Reedllichtie

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I had difficulty finding the guest house but once there I was greeted by a friendly owner. I was told where my room was but not offered help with my bags, No lift and a lot of stairs! Room was clean,basic and OK for my needs. The breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Joanne P
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed here in a family room for one night and was genuinely impressed.Our party consisted of one adult and three children and the room was comfortably big enough for all of us. I was back in Darlington to visit family and had not heard about this place before but will definitely be going back. The prices were very reasonable (30 pounds for a single and 55 pounds for a double including breakfast). Everything was clean, the breakfast was generous, the bed comfortable and the service excellent. The owners, Dot and Mick, were chatty and friendly and very happy to help. The place is not super modern but is nevertheless well-equipped and we had everything we needed for a very pleasant stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jody027
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst in the area for work. Owners were friendly and helpful. Good cooked breakfast, and a bigger choice of breakfast cereals than I've seen anywhere (I counted 12!). Spotleesly clean, and excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Darlington is a bit of a struggle to find somewhere reasonable to stay. There is top end stuff, but either out of town or overpriced.

Harewood is a 70s/80s style decorated large rambling house within walking distance of the town and with on street parking on the opposite side of the side street alongside.

It is heavy pattern carpet country in the hallways, but the rooms are fine. Very clean and fresh and a decent en-suite with a proper electric shower that worked well. A museum of old tube TVs - but, hey, they all work. The heating was on and welcome, warm and cosy I reckon in winter. Usual bits and bobs - everything there. Spare furniture left in corridors etc, but hopefully you will not be sleeping in the corridor..but on that note the Stenna Stairlift installed on 2 flights might be useful if you return from an evening out a bit worse for wear!

Friendly owners. I imagine they have had this place for a good few years.

Nice breakfast, well above average. Jug of orange juice on your table and pour yourself ground coffee. There are fish in the fishtank if you look closely! Anyway, BBC breakfast TV is showing on yet another antique TV.

SO: It is warm, clean, friendly, central, easy to park near. That ticks my box. I never put prices on reviews as they change and it is the owners perogative, but this was seriously good value, even by my tight pursed Scottish standards! My clients pay my bills and I can actually stay and charge them 5 star rates, I just choose not to.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SirBrianMiddleton
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Stayed here for my son's Passing Out Parade with my wife, daughter and mother in-law. Owner's were very kind and friendly and went out of their way to help. Great English breakfast. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Good low budget commercial hotel, lacks parking, but the twin room with ensuite shower was highly acceptable. Friendly owner offered earplugs to my companion because I snore like a battlefield.

Good breakfast, comfy beds, quiet room away from traffic. Walking distance to town. Close to Sainsbury's.

On street parking is plentiful.

Stairlifts for the infirm.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends