“Best Indian meal we have ever had”
Review of Akbar Dynasty

Akbar Dynasty
Ranked #16 of 274 Restaurants in Darlington
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Best Indian meal we have ever had”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Akbar dynasty came recommend by friends so we booked a table of 12 for a family b day meal ages 7-59.

Everyone throughly enjoyed good was amazing every last bite would highly recommend xx

1 Thank claireandjamesy

Darlington
“Exceptional as always!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First tried this restaurant about 10 years ago and it was amazing then. We have since been eating here on a regular basis. We've tried other Indian restaurants in the country but honestly, nothing compares! The food and service are outstanding; one of Darlington's little gems!
The Cowan family.

3 Thank Fcow
Darlington, United Kingdom
“best food around”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

always go to the Akbar the staff and the food is always fantastic never had a bad meal there in all the years I have been going (at least 10) also had my 60th birthday party there would recommend it for good food great service
tony&dee

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank anthony m
Middlesbrough
“Lovely food and excellent quality, but what about the chips?!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We attended Akbars on a busy Friday evening for a birthday meal, the birthday boy always raves on about this place so thought I'd finally take the plunge.

The restaurant was really busy (which is always a good sign), we had to wait a short while to be seated but that was no great issue. The time between receiving our drinks and getting the poppadoms was slightly longer than you'd expect, but again it was busy and they were working to their best ability.

I ordered the Chicken Chaat for starters and it came very hot, nicely presented and it was very tasty. Others ordered Chicken Pakora, and equally it got the nod of approval, especially the amount you received for a starter which was plentiful.

For the main I played it safe and ordered the Chicken Tikka Rogan Josh, with Pilau rice, Keema Naan and a side of chips to share (I know you typically don't get chips at Indian restaurant's, but I love the unhealthy deep fried chunky chips you sometimes get). Anyway, the main was lovely, lots of chunky chicken tikka, just the right spice with a nice hot keema naan Everyone's meal just looked a lot better than your usual run-of-the-mill Indian, nicely presented with friendly competent staff. However, I was baffled that despite all the positive comments at the table about their meals, out came a bowl of the lowest quality frozen chips you'd get from a dodgy pizza shop. I was expecting some homemade chunky chips which would match the rest of the quality received in our starters and main meal, but instead we got some scabby value chips. Such a small issue, but one that wouldn't make me rush back all the way to Darlington when there's some top Indian restaurants in Hartlepool.

One thing I will mention, the customer service was top notch, all the waiters were very polite, engaging with everyone and held the door for when we left. Overall, very nice food, just a small let down which in no way would bother your typical visitor - it's just me and my need for chunky chips at an Indian!

“Good food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Me and my wife enjoy everything we order. Good food excellent service. Staff are very friendly. will be back again soon.