“Not my first visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Akbar Dynasty
Ranked #14 of 266 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Redcar
“Not my first visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We went here for a curry with 4 friends this weekend just gone. They are always so friendly and seem to remember us even though we only get to go maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
I can recommend the coconut rice and after dark curry ( made with Tia Maria )
On Saturday I tried there lamb Makta curry which comes in it's own terracotta pot and I enjoyed it. Don't forget to get a Barry for dessert. After your meal they give you a hot towel and on the way out they hold the door for you which is a simple but non the less I think a nice touch. The bill came to just over £120 for 6 of us and that included a couple of drinks each. I would say that is very reasonable and I had a very enjoyable evening and it's not the first great night we have had here as I'm sure you can tell lol. We travel about 30 minutes to get to Akbar Dynasty and again I think that speaks for it's self.

4 Thank TheMrWales

Yarm, United Kingdom
“Five star service n lovely food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Had heard great things about here anyway. The food was gorgeous n the staff were so good, not too much in your face but checking you're having a good experience. Definitely recommend!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Linsay S
“What a fantastic Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

First visit here primarily as you have to drive west to Darlington on the A66 to turn around to come all the way back, however very much worth the hassle of getting there. The décor is the first thing that strikes you. Simply delightful and very modern. The staff are well informed regarding the dishes on offer and the chefs know how to cook a very spicy curry whilst retaining all of the flavour often lost by other less experienced operators. Will be back for sure and on the way out I noticed they also do take away!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pjpalmer
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Been to the Akbar many times. The staff are so friendly, always a warm welcome. My other half is very fussy but he loves their curries and they will add or take away ingredients.
Really nice food, nice atmosphere. My favourtie indian restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Nicki P
Stockton on tees
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Heard good reviews about this place so thought il try it out, I wasn't impressed had to wait over an hour for starter and when starters arrived It was bland, the main course was ok I don't think I travel far a meal when it's average.

• Visited July 2014