“Birthday Treat”

Ranked #67 of 290 Restaurants in Darlington
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went to Bannatynes in early December to celebrate our birthdays. Although the meal we had was very nice I was a little disappointed that it was only the Christmas Fayre menu. However what we had was ok. It was quite cold in the restaurant, however I am always cold and everyone else seemed to be ok. I would go back but it would not be my first choice of venue.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having been here before and having had a lovely meal, we thought would go again for our wedding anniversary, only to find the service very poor and my meal (pork lion ) had to sent back as it was overcooked and was unable to eat it as the meat was so dry ! Won't be back !!!!

2  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

What a delight, been drooling over the choice for dinner tonight after a fantastic steak last night.
Friendly staff, great menu selection, fantastic well presented food of the highest calibre. Cannot rate the quality of the presented food enough.
I am here for a few days on business and need go no further than the hotel for superb food. Both my work colleague and I have thoroughly enjoyed the top class food. Well done the chef and staff.

1  Thank Subeng
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staff were friendly, polite and obliging. My daughter and I were ushered to our table and served our starters which were picture perfect! Main courses were perfectly cooked salmon and chicken and pudding an indulgent sticky toffee! Wine - a bottle of delicious sauvignon served in a bucket on ice. The restaurant was lively and buzzing with enthusiastic conversation. A thoroughly enjoyable evening. Many thanks.

1  Thank KathleenCruickshanks
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Every meal I had was a little slice of heaven!! Always something a bit different. A lovely place to go for a species occasion. Staff wonderful, Chefs brilliant.

1  Thank alyson c