“Wondered whether I was staying at the same place as some of the earlier reviews”
Review of Trudy's Guesthouse

Trudy's Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darlington
Trudy's Guesthouse
Ranked #17 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed here a year ago, and am looking for a place to stay in Darlington again, and was reminded of my stay last year at Trudy's Guest House, I see it has now gone down to number 3 but still can't understand why it is ranked so high (it was number 1 when we stayed!!!!) My daughter and husband were in a small upstairs room, while I on my own had a large downstairs room with 2 single beds, the room was divided from the kitchen with only partition doors, where the owners are banging and clattering around until late at night setting up breakfast for the next day talking loudly, they obviously have no consideration for any guests staying in this room. Also other residents can use the kitchen, so when they come in late at night they are unaware that guests will be trying to sleep in the room at the other side of these double doors. The room was cluttered and had 2 odd single beds, the bed that was made up had a lot of black hairs on the velour head board. All in all an awful place to stay even if it was cheap, I suppose you get what you pay for but as it was ranked number 1 at the time I did expect better than this. I wont be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank havewebeenthere

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Run by a nice couple. BUT room was stuffy and I could not open the windows (on ground floor). Just a partition door between my room and Kitchen so I stayed awake until they went to bed and woke when the fist person wanted breakfast. Bathroom was shared and the lights did not work properly in one of them (like a lazer light show)! Sorry would not stay again even for £35!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank motecben
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stumbled upon this place by accident and in a small way out of necessity. It’s so nice to arrive to a warm welcome, and Trudy’s did it for us. Nice equipped rooms with comfortable beds to sleep and generous delicious breakfasts to get you going the next day. For the rates this place represents excellent value for money. And Trudy and Ronnie are the prefect hosts and do much for you. We would most certainly stumble into Trudy’s again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed in Trudy's guest house for 10 days. My stay was really good. Both Trudy and Ronnie are very friendly. My room was kept clean always and they allowed me to cook my food on my own also. I would recommend this B&B to all visitors to Darlington.

Room Tip: Rooms in first floor are better than rooms in ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I stayed in their annexe in Woodland Terrace for a night in January, this is separate from the main Trudy's. I booked at short notice and arrived after 10:15pm. I got a very warm welcome from Mo who had stayed up to greet me and offered me tea and a snack when I arrived. My room was in the attic with quite a narrow stairs but was very nice. The bed was very comfortable, the room was spotless. I shared a bathroom with one other guest but that was OK.

It was just like being a welcomed guest in a family home. The whole place is set up to provide a home from home feel and it really works. I stay away a lot and am tired of the souless atmosphere in the standard chain hotel, you could be anywhere and you have no meaningful interaction with anybody.

In the morning I had a home cooked to order breakfast with as much as I wanted, lots of fresh tea and toast in a small dining room with a couple of other people where we had a pleasant chat.

If you're tired of being anonymous and ignored this is the place for you. Free wifi enabled me to work on the dining room table and there was no hassle about having to get out quickly.

I thoroughly recommend Trudy's.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs avoid the attic room, once there it's very comfortable but does...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JPCHickey
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed at the Woodland Terrace in September.
Had a great stay, very welcoming, and Trudy (and Raffi :)) took great care of us.
When we to go somewhere, Trudy wouldn't mind to bring us with her car.

Room was very clean and spacious, very well taken care of.
We would recommend this B&B to everyone who visits Darlington.
Besides the English weather :) everything is perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2011

After staying at Trudy's Guesthouse on Woodlands Terrace, I'll most definitely be back. The place is kept spotless and is warm and welcoming. Mo who runs the guesthouse is like your favourite aunt, always making sure well fed and looked after.

• Stayed: October 2011