“A pleasure as always!”

West Park Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Today I visited West Park Cafe - I do visit often but have never thought of writing a review. As always the food and service was top quality. There is always a good varied selection of dishes and I have tried many and don't have any complaints - just praise. The staff are always friendly and accommodating and it's lovely how it's so child friendly. The management always make an effort to check everything is ok too. It's great to have such a top quality local and I don't mind paying a tiny bit extra for fresh and home cooked food. The only recommendation I'd have is to vary the cakes (not the puddings) a bit more. As a regular I like the carrot cake, Rocky road, caramel shortbread and scones but I'd like to see some different options :). Well done to all involved!

1  Thank RebeccaFosterSnook

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second review on West Park cafe, decided to give it another go only wish we hadn't. Children had sausage, chips and beans for £4.99. I'm sorry but one sausage sliced length ways per meal ?? Not even a big sausage, just your average sausage sliced down the middle £4.99 come on guys you're taking the mick! I had a beef ciabatta, slices of Sunday roast beef that I added plenty of seasoning to myself when it arrived. Poor again. Also, did I mention we were all pigeon holed into one end of the cafe. Paying £4.99 for one sausage a few chips and beans I'd expect to be able to choose where to sit - we arrived just after twelve, so we weren't late afternoon or anything. That's the last time for us and West Park Cafe, a shame that something on the doorstep can't live up to even a reasonable standard.

1  Thank Tired of B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a regular choice for me! The food is reliably good and the service is invariably excellent. The pasta dishes are offered in two sizes; the smaller one is perfect for a light lunch.The twice baked cheese souffle is delicious and the burger dishes are good too.

Parking is free and plentiful and the atmosphere is friendly and warm. My only small gripe is the paper tablecoths and the strange cress-like plants in cardboard pots used for table decoration.

Definitely a good place for a relaxed, tasty lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I called in by chance while in the area. On entering the welcome was warm and the atmosphere seemed friendly, there were plenty of people in so was hopeful this represented quality food.
Service prompt if not a little unorganised, none of the waitresses seemed to know who had served who. Ordered two breakfasts and two coffee's. Didn't have to wait long but when foodarrived was very disappointed in the portion size: 1 flat mushroom, 1 sausage, 1 very small egg, 2 very small pieces of crispy bacon which looked like it had been bought in a supermarket ( the very thin stuff that shrinks when cooked), 1 tomato, 1 piece of black pudding and slice of toast. Not saying that it was not tasty but very poor portion size. Coffee was nice but a little expensive at £2.50 indeed the coffee and breakfasts cost total of £20.90!! Not very competitive prices however would imagine there is steady flow of regular customers who live in the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My friends and I meet every month around Darlington for lunch, and tried the west park cafe in May, we were really pleased, I had the chicken flat bread which was wonderful, full of flavour and a good size, especially for a lunch, the other ladies in the group enjoyed the pasta and soup dishes and all were pleased

1  Thank Dorothy R