Although we booked a 'superior room' we found a room that had thread-bare upholstery on the chairs, a shower that would not run cool and was far too hot to wash under (a common fault I guess as other people were complaining at breakfast), a grease stained headboard, a bathroom without operational extract, a broken toilet roll holder and a toilet seat lid that was missing (we guessed broken and removed).
For breakfast where we given vouchers to present at entry, we were in the morning greeted with "Are you with the coach trips?" rather than the conventional "Good morning! What is your room number?
The quality of the breakfast was disappointing (poor choice and the food appeared to have been kept under warmer lights for some time), the tea and coffee was also self service from a machine that more resembled the facility you would expect from a service station than a reputable hotel. We opted for an alternative breakfast the following day (in Yarm) although the hotel did still try to charge us for the breakfast even though I returned the meal voucher the previous evening. The service in the bar was also impersonal (even with only 3 couples in the bar; I was repeatedly asked at each and every transaction at the bar to verify my name!).
I would therefore not recommend a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imposing Georgian Country Mansion, dating from 1700, with modern extension. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Superbreak UK, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Blackwell Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackwell Grange Darlington
- Hotel Blackwell Grange
- Blackwell Grange Hotel Darlington, Durham