Blackwell Grange Hotel
US$70
US$51
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$186
Rockliffe Hall(Hurworth-on-Tees)
US$322
Hotwire.com
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
1,007 results
All reviewsnorth wingevening mealthe cottagesleisure facilitiesnight breakpool and jacuzziafternoon tealovely groundshot buffetshort breaklovely hotelbed and breakfastchanging roomsstandard roomvery pleasant staymain buildingwould stay again
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We used a buy a gift voucher for our 2 night stay and were extremely impressed with value for money.

The vast majority of the hotel is beautiful, with lovely decor and grounds. We enjoyed a jug of Pimms on a sunny afternoon in the outdoor seating area which was really lovely.

The staff were helpful and approachable, and services provided were absolutely spot on.

Very impressed with the hotel breakfast - a huge choice and nice spacious breakfast room. The bar/restaurant menu was very good, I think I would class the prices as moderate overall because it was a little bit more pricey than town food prices but you’re paying for the lovely serene atmosphere and quick, good service too.

The only thing I would comment slightly negatively on is that the main bulk of rooms were quite outdated (seemed like a different hotel compared to the hotel entrance area) but it was still clean and in good condition so we wouldn’t complain.

As for Darlington town, we really stayed in the hotel grounds predominantly as we were enjoying our surroundings so much. However for those wishing to travel into the town it was around £5 for a taxi.

Overall, very happy with the experience. Really nice setting and pleasant staff and fellow guests. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hotel and grounds, looks very grand from the front and the entrance halls / lobby are beautifully decorated.

All staff were very welcoming and friendly.

Some of the leisure facilities are slightly dated (pool area), this is the only reason why I have given 4/5 stars.

Breakfast, drinks and food from the bar / restaurant all of lovely and very reasonably priced! Would definitely return for food if in the area again.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked Afternoon Tea for my daughter ( mam and myself) it was a treat for my daughter who has recently been unwell. We were greeted on arrival by the reception staff who were very professional and we were directed to the Blackwell Bar, we were asked if we preferred tea or coffee and I advised the staff could he (Kristopher) give us 5 minutes as one of our party was on the telephone he never returned and we were forced to ask bar staff for our tea he brought the tea but no food. My mother added that we had arrived at 15:55 and that we had been waiting 40 minutes for the Afternoon Tea to arrive i asked the staff on several occasions I was told it was on the way it eventually arrived 50 minutes after we arrived at the hotel.

We were disappointed with the food, the sandwiches were lovely and quite honestly the best bit the cakes were bland and the scones were dry the cream was whipped cream and I was under the impression that afternoon tea scones were served with clotted cream. We spoke to a duty manager who we told of the issues and we were just told that a tour had arrived at the same time as we had but we were told that should not have mattered. He told us that we would speak to management and get back to us, on his return he said that he would discount the afternoon tea and we were just charged £12.95 for one and that they would not charge for the extra tea and coffee we had which we thought was terrible.

All in all we were all disappointed with the visit and we had been looking forward to some family time after my daughters recent illness and unfortunately we will not be back again unless there is improvements. We were very impressed with the renovations the interior and the rooms decorated to a high standard beautiful location.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and i attended a family wedding last week and were very pleased to find that we were in a wonderful Hotel and had achieved a bargain after taking advantage of the summer offer of Two nights bed and breakfast with an evening meal with wine on the first night for only £149. I had read some of the reviews for this hotel and after our stay can only assume that the people who gave it a poor review must have been staying somewhere else, Our room was large with a king size bed and the usual accompaniments yes it was a little dated but it was clean and services were great with almost every member of staff smiling which is a bonus in my view, the evening meal was very good as was the free wine and the breakfast was everything you would expect in any good hotel,It was a guessing game with the fruit juice but hey 5 choices with cereals, pastries and full English a fine start to the day, The drinks were a tad expensive but its a hotel and i expected that. The main block is magnificent and although our room was in the annex we enjoyed two very comfortable nights of undisturbed sleep and woke up to see the Rabbits playing on the lawns outside our room, We were impressed with this hotel for the price we paid and couldn't have asked for more, consequently we would advise people to look for the current offers and then enjoy there stay at The Blackwell Grange Hotel i know we did.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The main building of the hotel is very impressive but I was in the annex - The Cottage - which contains 10 bedrooms.

My room in the Cottage was 607 and it was a lovely large room with a large window looking out onto the former stable yard but I found it a very cold room - even in May - so I'm not sure what it would be like in December.

There was complimentary tea/coffee/biscuits but disappointingly one of the milks had turned to cheese!

The free Wifi was very good and easy to connect to but i found the desk in the room rather small and not high enough so my knees banged the underside of the table.

Breakfast was the ubiquitous buffet but I do think in a hotel like this you shouldnt have to get your own tea & coffee from a machine especially when there were 4 staff clearing plates etc. Even though I arrived less than 5 minutes after the start of breakfast the food wasnt that hot and the bacon was already tough plus the plates werent even vaguely warm.

Overall a lot could be improved but i would probably stay here again - perhaps one of the hotel managers ought to try staying in one of the rooms and eating the breakfast!

Stayed: May 2018