“Good location”
Review of St George Hotel

St George Hotel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Darlington
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great friendly good value for money hotel Always flexible perfect for my staff and business requirements We stayed for over three weeks on and off never any problems look forward to my next visit the staff were friendly and the menu varied . The hotel has large rooms and lots of secure parking highly recommend this hotel .Chris Moss Marine.

• Stayed: March 2014
Joanne H, Manager at St George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to place a review, We hope to see you again soon if you are working in the area.

JO

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I first found this hotel back in 2013 and was so impressed that I use it every time I am in the North East of England working.
Set in the grounds of what was an RAF base the hotel has lots of history, there is ample parking with a main supermarket nearby and the airport is just a stone’s throw away but the noise is minimal.
The Manager (Joanne) instantly makes you feel that you are in a home from home environment and it is easy to identify that all the staff work as a united team to make any guest feel that ‘Nothing is too much trouble’ in making their stay an enjoyable one.
The bar food is of a high standard and breakfast sets you up for the day.
It is defiantly a hotel that offers value for money.

Room Tip: Lower floors if you do not like stairs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Joanne H, Front Office Manager at St George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay, I am so pleased to read that you had a great time at the hotel.

I will pass your comments on to the team to continue the good work!

We will see you again soon i hope

Tracey

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and would advise anyone not to bother, the place is dirty, my bedroom not only had the remnants of the last guest but possibly the last few! the hairs and scum in the bath was disgusting, the curtains filthy along with the tea tray, in fact the whole room was just despicable, I could not wait to leave.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jayne J
Joanne H, Manager at St George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Reference: St George Hotel Darlington

I would like to take this opportunity to apologies for the inconvenience that was encountered at the St George Hotel . It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that this did not occur.

I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention for which I will take appropriate action.

Please can you contact me on j.holmes@stgeorgehotel.net we can discuss the matter further

Kind Regards

Joanne Holmes

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed for 3 nights over Easter 2014 and was part of a large coach party. We were made very welcome and nothing was to much trouble. The room was very clean and very comfortable. My room had an ironing board and iron along with teas making facilities. There is also free internet connection. Breakfast was excellent and the evening meal was of very good standard.
All the staff were really friendly and gave excellent service.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no lifts so request a room that is easy to get to if you have walking problems.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Joanne H, Manager at St George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review Ginshandy, Really happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as we have family around the area and this was pretty central.

As it's an ex RAF base it's full of character.

The staff were really friendly on arrival and throughout our time there. Breakfast was good and the room vas very nice. No noise apart from tweeting birds.

Only criticism is that the bathroom was a little grotty and needs refurbishing but apart from that a really enjoyable stay.

Stayed: April 2014

We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had stayed here previously and wrote a review 24 th September 2013. I loved the history but felt the place needed some TLC. The Manager responded to my review, stating the place was being refurbished and I would see the results of the hard work on my next visit.
I needed a hotel for one night and it was really good. Well signposted, ample parking. The receptionist gave me a great welcome and answered my queries. My room was perfect, it had obviously been renovated and was very clean. No complaints about the room at all. It was obvious that the lounge and communal areas had also undergone some refurbishment. Every staff member I met had a smile and were friendly. The price of the room was a third of other places in the area, but much better value. Will definitely return.
The fact it is next to the airport would make it perfect for travellers. Not far from Middlesborough which has a good road network.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LordHafod

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review Lordhaford, I really appreciate your comments and pleased you can see the difference within the hotel, The project is still on-going with the rest of the accommodation being updated.

We look forward to your return visit

Reviewed 20 March 2014

As I got out of the car and saw the venue it was basically a place to stay whilst waiting for a plane, as the airport is directly opposite. The car park is well lit and there is a lot of spaces available.
The reception is a very welcoming one, and the staff are friendly and are knowledgeable about the local area.
When we arrived to the room it was nicely decorated and a good size. The only problem was was it was two single beds that had been pushed together. They were not comfortable at all. Needed new mattresses as the bed springs were pushing threw. So DID NOT have a very good sleep. The aeroplanes didn't bother me as only a few planes now leave from the airport,
In the morning the receptionist was told about our issues and an hour later I moved into a new room. It wasn't a problem. The rooms are clean and basically have evrything you need for a basic stay in a hotel. Lots of hot water too!
The food in the bar is basic and we found that it wasn't wonderful , what you get is NOT worth the money, and not very well presented.So went elsewhere to eat the second night.
This hotel is a reasonable place to stay if you need a overnight stay somewhere .

Room Tip: Try the beds as soon as you enter the room. Bring eye mask, as lights are bright in car park and it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Sun74ever
Joanne H, General Manager at St George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your review sun74, We welocme all feedback and take your points on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back.