“A Jewel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Quincy, Illinois
“A Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

A wonderful, restful bed and breakfast with charming owners. The owner came to pick me up from Darlington station, helped me with good walking directions that would take me into the city centre, and he even provided extra warmth to the room for this American who had just traveled from 95F St Louis and landed in 40F. Very clean, quiet. I stayed in the front room and enjoyed the huge bathtub and reading lounger. Breakfast was a wonderful omelette, and the coffee was great! Thanks for such a homey stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I would recommend this Guest House to anyone travelling to Darlington. I usually stay in 4/5 star Hotels whilst away on business compliments of my Company. On this occasion I needed an unplanned nights stay and came across the Balmoral which was wonderful, clean and delightful hosts with nothing too much trouble. Will definately stay again... Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

A fantastic place to stay where we were made to feel very welcome by both Andrew, the owner, and his staff. Having arrived at midnight Andrew was at the front door to greet us and help with luggage to our rooms. We stayed in a lovely quiet ensuite room at the top of the house which was very comfortable and clean. We were welcomed to breakfast the following morning and both the food and choice given was very good. The Balmoral is very well located and is only about a 5-10 minute walk into town. Very good value for money and we will definitely be staying there again.
The hospitality and caring attitude by all at the Balmoral makes it a place well worth staying at!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lilly C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and myself spent 2 nights at the Balmoral guest house in May we were welcomed very warmly by Andrew and taken to our room it was a lovely room and the spacious and clean we were welcomed to breakfast by very pleasant staff and the breakfast was really good I would definitely stay again with no hesitation at all

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Balmoral !! Conveniently located just a few minutes walk from Darlington CBD, with ample local parking and representing excellent value for money. Stepping inside I was amazed by the layout, reminding me of the Tardis - so many rooms on different levels with so much atmosphere and class. I was fascinated by the china plates and had a lovely chat my host - Andrew, about them. My room was very cosy and quiet, just the way I like it. The food was outstanding, with a breakfast cooked to order and very pleasant ~ helpful service. If I am ever in Darlo in Business again, the Balmoral will be my priority choice....! Thankyou to Andrew and his Staff for such a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Just phone up to discuss your requirements, Andrew is very helpful and will sort you out !
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Balmoral B&B in May for a wedding. The room in the converted coach house was clean and well appointed. Friendly staff and a great breakfast. Location close to Darlington centre - 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: The coach house is separtate from the main house and away from the main road.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

My family and I stayed at the Balmoral the night before a wedding and on arrival which was late with two young children, we were greeted with a smile and very helpful service. Andrew also kindly offered me a lift to the local shops for some much needed supplies after a long drive! The room was spacious, clean and overall very comfortable and an even better breakfast. I would not hesitate visiting again and certainly recommend to anyone thinking of staying in Darlington. I received the best service and hospitality I have experienced for a long time and did not expect it for the price I was paying. It goes to show that this costs them nothing but gives their customers a great experience and the larger more expensive hotel chains should take note.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family