“Top Notch”

Ranked #2 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Collected & returned to railway station. Dropped at a nearby restaurant!Never known this before from any other B&B.. We had the annex bedroom-fantastic beds,loads of towels.Very comfortable. A1 breakfast & service.
I hope they do well- they deserve every good report they get

Room Tip: Annex room is spacious & has large wetroom if mobility is an issue
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eva A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Storvorde, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have as a guest and a student been living at the Balmoral Guest House for 8 weeks and I´ve never before in my life experienced a bigger hospitality and higher service as here. The breakfast is top quality and individual every morning. And be carefull when ordering – there´s plenty of food on the plate they bring. I´ve never met so friendly people, they all wants to do what´s best for you and they help you with every little problem you might have.
As an example I was offered a fresh made lunch pack every day at a very favorable price and because I was staying here for so long, the price for staying was also very good. I will recommend everyone who needs a place to stay (for a shorter or a longer time) in Darlington to call Andrew and talk to him for booking.
Sally Kjeldgaard

Room Tip: Tell Andrew what you need and he´ll give you his best room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sunshinesally_67
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We recently stayed at this B&B whilst visiting friends and family in the town and we were made to feel welcome by Andrew (the host) and his staff. The B&B is within easy reach of the town centre and, although situated on a main road, is still very quiet (we were not disturbed by any outside noises at all).
The building is gorgeous with some really lovely original features (some of them are in the gallery on the website) and the dining room was particularly nice.
Other reviewers have mentioned the breakfast and it is a good one! (The scrambled eggs were particularly good).
The rooms are clean and warm and we slept very well in a very comfortable bed.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone and we will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue64Mac
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My work takes me to different places around the UK, and I have stayed in various hotels, B&B's and I can't begin to describe the amazing impression this guest house has left me with. Firstly the rooms are spacious and very comfortable, breakfast in the morning is anytime you feel like it :) and last but not least the host (name is Andrew) is incredibly polite and will go to great lengths to make sure that his customers recieve nothing else but an amazing service (this includes pick up and drop off at the train station, laundry and so on, you get the idea,he is a nice guy). I highly recommend this place for short or long stay

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Noyko
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed in a beautifully converted building at Balmoral Guest House for 3 nights with some friends and from the moment we arrived we were well looked after and nothing was too much trouble. The bedroom and bathrooms were clean and comfortable, and we had delicious breakfasts.

2 Thank HARRIETC2013
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Firstly - a big thank you to Andrew and all of his staff for taking such excellent care of us during our stay.

Not only were we made extremely welcome, but Andrew drove us to the place we were having supper, our bags were carried, and he would have collected us from the train station if necessary!

All of the staff we delightful - and very happy to help.

We stayed in the 'cottage' at the back of the building, which was extremely comfortable, warm and had excellent showers!

Breakfast was delicious with a great choice and plenty of tea and coffee!

We were staying as a group on business but would have been happy to stay if we were on holiday too.

Thank you for making us so welcome!

Room Tip: We stayed in the new cottage at the back - delightful!
1 Thank BScott0912
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Recently, myself and a fellow student were sent to Darlington on placement at the hospital. We were recommended The Balmoral Guest House by one of the staff at the hospital and I'm glad they did!

From day one, Andrew went out of his way to make us feel as welcome as possible, us being completely new to the area. He picked us up from the coach stop and gave us a little tour of Darlington to help us get our bearings. He also dropped us off at the bus stop when we departed.

The room we stayed in was lovely. It was clean, a good size and warm! It had an ensuite, a double and single bed - which were extremely comfy - a sofa and plenty of storage space. The television in the room also came in handy.

Breakfast - this was possibly the best part of our stay. Being vegetarian, I know that options can sometimes be quite limited but Andrew was very accommodating. My fellow student had the full english breakfast every day and raved about it - 'cooked to perfection' were his exact words. I had scrambled egg most mornings and I can say it is possibly the nicest scrambled egg I've ever had. There was always a huge variety of options for breakfast, both cereals and cooked food, and Andrew cooked everything to specifications.

The Guest House itself has wifi and a guest kitchen, both of which we were very grateful for and made full use of.

Andrew and his staff are the nicest people, both friendly and polite. Every morning they would greet you with a smile and as if everything was ok.

I would highly recommend The Balmoral to anyone in the Darlington area, whether for work or pleasure, as Andrew will most certainly make you feel welcome.

2 Thank Victoria R