“Best in Darlington”

Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in Darlington”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The Carlbury Arms was recommended to us by friends and as expected we were not disappointed! I had the Carlbury Curry which I was told is an African Curry with a 'kick' to it. It came with a homemade chilli jam and two popadoms. I was apprehensive as I do not usually eat spicy food but I was happy to find that it was the perfect combination of tasty and spicy. I only wish I had saved some room to try the deserts that were offered to us!

The staff were very attentive and cheerful which we found to be a welcome surprise in contrast to some of the other places we have been around Darlington.

Overall, a great night and would recommend to all!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank chrishford123

Gateshead, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC NIGHT”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Went to the Carlbury Arms on Friday 7th February with friends for a fundraising night and when we arrived we were welcomed with a glass of Champagne which was a lovely touch, Then this was followed by a lovely fish and chip supper which was superbly home cooked and very tasty. The entertainment by the lovely 3 girls from Sage Academy was fantastic. The staff were brilliant and I would just like to mention Mark the owner who could not do enough for us and mingled all night with the crowd. I would highly recommend this pub for its fine food and homely atmosphere cant wait to come back.

• Visited February 2014
Yarm, United Kingdom
“A night at the musicals - fab evening”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful evening, superb food (nostalgic fish and chips complete with paper cone, pickled egg mushy peas in a retro pot and newspaper on the plate! Beautifully cooked) fantastic entertainment from the Sage singers and a warm welcome in tasteful surroundings. I would highly recommend a visit.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Just Brilliant!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We had the most amazing fish and chips at the Carlbury Arms, the presentation was superb very authentic, and they were delicious, thick home cooked chips and lovely fish and the minty peas were so tasty!
There was a fundraising night where live entertainment was provided from the Sage academy and the 3 singers were exceptional- first class entertainment to say the least.
What a cracking night! we were made so welcome and the atmosphere was buzzing.
Thanks to all at the Carlbury arms we will definitely be back- first class food and entertainment, just brilliant.

Visited February 2014
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Curry & Large Portions”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed nearby and went on a quiet night. Surroundings okay but food very good. I had the curry, which was quite hot, but did not leave that aftertaste that you sometimes get. Good sized portions and home made chips! My partner had a pie, which was also good.

• Visited January 2014