“Good food and great service”
Review of The Tawny Owl

The Tawny Owl
Ranked #57 of 281 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Tawny Owl in Darlington is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We decided to go to the Tawny Owl to celebrate my Dad's 85th birthday. It was a Wednesday and therefore "Pie Day" The venue is laid out nicely so even though it is quite large it still feels cosy. The staff are very helpful. The menu is extensive enough to give good choice.
The food was excellent. We had a lovely time.
Will we go back? Definitely!

There are newer reviews for The Tawny Owl

Reviewed 4 August 2014

On travelling home from the lakes today, we decided to "stop somewhere for lunch". Our choice was the Tawny Owl, a lovely old traditional pub with award winning garden. We were greeted genuinely by two lady members of staff who served us in a friendly and efficient manner.
I had a James Martin chicken and leek pie, peas and upgraded gourmet chips which are delicious and well worth small upgrade charge. Hubbie had veg burger. Our meals were served fairly quickly at our table in garden and were tasty and filling.
Will definitely be returning soon. Great menu to work through!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I had fish and chips here with my family one Friday night. The food is average but a little pricey for what it is. I would visit again but it would not be my first choice as there are better places to eat.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I went here with a friend today and we both really enjoyed it. The food was very nice. Really nice quality. The service was spot on and the ambience was lovely. From the just right music playing in the background, to the furnishings, the cleanliness and the character of the building and interior. My only comment was that it was very quiet and I don't know busy times have led to some other negative reviews but my experience was certainly very positive!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We tend to eat here at least 6 times per year if not more and I've never really had a bad meal yet (I have at its Sister's restaurant down the road). I think the food is a little overpriced and the staff aren't amazingly attentive however, food is tummy worthy and I will continue to eat here on a frequent basis.