Woodland Guesthouse
US$77
US$83
Agoda.com
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$112
Travelocity
US$54
Priceline
US$80
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Clow Beck House(Darlington)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshome from homeguest houseliving rooma lovely staymofacilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed by myself at this guest house and I must say, Mo is one of the most genuine and most accommodating persons you will ever meet. She showed me round the guest house and where to find things I might need, she provides free wifi and the beds..... OMG the beds are soooooooo comfy, you don't want to get out of bed in the morning! I had never stayed in Darlington before and although I had a friend come and visit during my stay, she made me feel at home and could not have done more for me. We had a bit of a giggle in the morning as she accidentally bought chipolatas instead of normal sausages, but im not going to hold it against her, we all make genuine mistakes, saying that, the breakfast was lovely, a very nice spread and nothing was burnt on my cooked breakfast. I will definately be staying again and look forward to seeing Mo and her cat, and I will strongly advise others looking for a home from home to be booking into this guest house too!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My sister and I happened upon the Woodland Guesthouse completely by accident after arriving in Darlington for a family party. It was great to have somewhere comfortable and friendly to rest our heads and my family couldn't believe we had found somewhere so highly recommended just down the road (despite living in the area for 20+ years!)

Mo is a very welcoming and down-to-earth person and we both felt completely at home at the Guesthouse. Unfortunately, Mo wasn't very well when we visited so she had arranged for other guests to be transferred elsewhere - the fact that she allowed us to stay despite her illness, because she knew we had family on the same street was a lovely touch - we were very grateful. We didn't have breakfast at the Guesthouse because Mo was poorly, but she very kindly knocked some money off the price of the room to compensate. Another great touch was that she put my sister and I in the family room rather than the twin room, because my sister mentioned that she liked a powerful shower and easy access to the bathroom.

Recommended to the rest of my family - without a doubt, we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Mo is such a friendly lady and makes you feel thoroughly welcome from the off. She immediatley shows you around the house and where everything is, gives you the key to the front door so you can come and go as you need to. She serves a wonderful selection of breakfast in the morning, cereals, fruit, yogurts, toast, cooked breakfast, you name it! You can tell she loves her guesthouse and loves meeting the people that stay there. I was quite sad to leave, but when we did she came to the door and even waved us off! A very friendly, welcoming and rememberable stay and I would highly recommend this guesthouse to everyone.

Room Tip: If you are older and a little unsteady do not choose the twin attic room as it has thin steep stairs to get to it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This B&B is in a beautiful terraced house on a quiet residential street. It was absolutely immaculate inside, with everything we needed for our stay provided including a dressing gown and towel.
The owner Moe is friendly and welcoming (as is her cat Ralph). We used the sitting room to watch television in, and she even invited our friend who we were visiting to come and eat breakfast with us on Sunday morning.
Breakfast was a full english with a choice of lots of cereal and fruit too.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in a guesthouse rather than a hotel and I could not have asked for a warmer welcome from the owner 'Mo' or have had a more comfortable stay. I was preparing for a job interview the following day so it was very important I found somewhere as relaxing as Woodland Guesthouse. I felt like a returning family member rather than a simple guest. My room was spacious, incredibly clean and very comfortable. Mo made me exactly what I wanted for breakfast and it was great to have a chat with her and take my mind off the interview later that morning. I was even offered a lift so I didn't get rained on! I have never experienced such kind hospitality. I got the job so I'm sure I will be back when we start looking to move to the area. I'm already looking forward staying again.
Keep up the good work Mo - you should be very proud of what you've got to offer!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo